• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mark Woodward: Xylophone Fragments

ggluek

Okay, this is a weird title. Mrs. G reads mysteries; I don't much, but sometimes she passes one over to me because there's something in it she thinks I'll like. I happen to like classical music, so after she finished it, she downloaded it onto my Kindle, and I found myself reading it. It's a mystery without a body, with fairly quirky characters, kind of obsessive about music, but I don't think in a way that would offputting (most of the references are explained), and it keeps you reading it. The plot's a little confusing and the milieu is one I remember but I don't think you have to have lived through to get it. The writing is good with a lot of little phrases that stick in your mind. The humor is rather arch, but you wind up caring about the characters. I think it's only available as an e-book, but I may be wrong. :star4:

George

Back