• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Markus Zusak: The Book Thief

n_maw

I just finished this book tonight. It's one of those books that once read, you are really glad you did. The first few pages were a bit confusing to get used to how he writes, but once you get into the "groove" it's a refreshing way in which to read. Interestingly, this book is narrated by Death during the World War II, and follows Leisel, a book thief, a small girl between the ages of 9-15 in Germany. Has anybody else read this book? What are your thoughts?

:O This book! I love it!
The author's writing is so decriptive, and ocassionally amusing, and I found the perspective of Death as a narrator so interesting. Not wanting to spoil the story, but I found the ending so emotional and moving.
I've actually recieved a letter from the author, Markus Zusak. :] He is excellent, and has written some other, lesser known books, which are actually quite good, though not as wide in scope nor as long as The Book Thief. Has anyone read them?

Good to know you enjoyed it. I just bought it and its on the "pile". I have some library books to get to first then I can jump into it!

The book was chosen as #1 in the Editor's pick for Teens in Amazon.com for the year of 2006. The book was insatiably enjoyable. It still has 5 stars as an average customer review.

I just found an amazing short video on youtube about this book. I've put in on my blog if you'd like to take a look. It's amazing, the short won an award. It made my husband want to read the book, he's very visual.

Back