• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mary Roach: Stiff: The Curious Life of Human Cadavers

I have not read her first two,probably because of the subjects but I am currently reading Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex and already in to page 40 from this morning and I find it hysterical and shocking.

I read this several years ago and loved it. Funny, moving, gross, fascinating...

I've recommended it to a few people but they just give me strange looks.

This was a great book. We all had to pick a non-fiction book from a list for school and this one jumped out at me. My classmates (Who were reading books on Darfur, Fair Tax, and Mormons ect.) all thought I was a freak, but I feel like I got the best deal! ^_^

I have yet to read Spook. It sounds promising but the mixed (not horrible as eyez would have you believe) reviews didn't make me want to go out and buy a copy.

I'm about halfway through this book now, and it's terrible. I put off buying it for a couple of years, thinking that I wouldn't enjoy it, and now I regret spending my money on it. The writing/subject matter is nowhere near as interesting as Stiff was, and it's quickly descended into the literary equivalent of a drone. Save your money.

Kristopher

Back