• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

medication - do you take any?

I have endometriosis, so I am permanently on birth control. If I'm not, I want to kill myself one week of every month to put myself out of my misery.

Other than that...I used to be on medicine for ADD, but I was taken off of it once I could handle it on my own. And my doctors insisted that depression medication could cure my OCD, but all it did was give me depression and weird side effects until I stopped taking them. Now I use good old-fashioned hypnosis to keep it under control. Works for me!

Sadly I must take medication. I suffer from Bipolar Disorder (Manic Depression) and Anxiety. I take the following:

• Lithium - 1200 mg daily
  • Effexor XR - 225 mg daily
  • Lamictal - 100 mg daily
  • Abilify - 5 mg daily
  • Xanax - 1 mg (or more as needed) daily

I am currently disabled because of my condition. I have a positive attitude and live life to the full. Reading is one escape for me as is writing (private- for my eyes only). This forum helps me lots too. I love to talk about books very much. By doing so, I forget about my illness.

I created my own bipolar page in order to educate (a little) others on the subject. Happy reading!

Back