• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Medieval Fantasy?

Oponn said:
The first book is incredably spooky, the atmosphere is perfect. It is fantasy and not horror, but some scenes were definately very very eerie. Still, I added it to the list as it was certainly a medievil setting and an excellent read as well.
Spooky can be good. Thanks again. :)

Hey, thanks for everybody's help. I finished Legend about a week ago and I loved it, though I would agree with some that say the battles are a lot like 'summaries', and I did think that the story went a little fast for me(maybe if it stretched for another 100-200 pages it would've been perfect. I felt like I didn't really know the characters enough, or maybe that they didn't go through other tests and/or trials before facing the ordeal... But anywho, overall its exactly the kind of story I was hoping for and again, thank you everybody.

P.S btw i'm almost halfway done with eragon. It's more teen yeah, but less kiddish compared to harry potter imo. :rolleyes:

I've always considered Waylander one of David Gemmell's better novels, so maybe you'd like to try that one now that you've got started on his work?

Hi there I would recommend some David Eddings the Belgariad is in a medieval setting, lots of magic and good humour. If you want more knigthly action you can always go with the Elenium series

I'd have to agree with this, both series have everything.

id have to say that although its great fun stuff to read Rowling's work, its a bad place to start- that kind of fantasy is like a "wanna-be" in my opinion, compared that is to things like... eddings who is great!!! knightly feel as {insert name here} said :D and all of opon's im sure are great though i haven't read many of them. have fun reading! :D

Back