• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Memes of Loss and Devotion - a SF anthology

darrenwhite

"Memes of Loss and Devotion" by darrenwhite, is an Amazon Kindle Print/eBook collection of 15 speculative short stories. The eBook will initially be available at a time-limited, special offer, launch price of just $2.99 / £1.99 / €2.99 (or local equivalent).

"Memes of Loss and Devotion" examines the human condition, our possible futures, our challenges as a species and our failings as sentient, supposedly intelligent beings.

Journey to a far future where all human minds are connected not only to each other but also to benevolent Artificial Intelligences. Technology may have changed, but the human condition has not, and neither has the human heart.

A not so random encounter in a hotel bar triggers unforeseen consequences, but just who is the hunter and who is the prey? If you thought that romance in the early 21st century is a minefield, just add advanced technology and see how much more dangerous it can get.

Can love survive death? What happens when devotion unexpectedly returns from beyond the grave? A doomed love triangle is destined to end in disaster in a haunting story of passion that can never be reciprocated.

What if men were obsolete? What if new technology meant that the human race could continue without them? How far would you go to prevent this?

Finally, a gun-toting, resourceful hero will get the girl, kill the baddies, and save the entire planet, probably...

In this collection, you will also witness a little girl arguing colonization morals with an elderly alien, while another girl will be 'fixed' by time travelling angels. An astronaut will be rescued (eventually) while another never will be. A deadly connection will be made. A private investigator will lose important parts of his memory on a distant moon. A future colonist never get his girl. A time machine will be abused. An alien observer will be lost. A sister's sister will find her true home.

Just where might future technology take us if we are not mindful of the unintentional consequences? What will we get? The future we want, or the future we deserve?

Get "Memes of Loss and Devotion" exclusively from:
UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FJZWK0O
UK: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FJZWK0O.

For more information visit www.darrenwhite.co .

Attachments

• Memes_cover_art_3D_lg.jpeg
    Memes_cover_art_3D_lg.jpeg
    921.6 KB · Views: 0
Amazon Most Helpful Customer Reviews
5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read 6 Oct 2013
By David
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I highly recommend this book to all scifi fans, the author had me hooked from beginning to end ! Can't wait for more writings from this talented author.

Thanks Peder, that's great! I hope you enjoy it. Let me know what you think?

I've been getting loads of compliments over the title. I was initially worried that I'd spend my life explaining it.

Well anyone who doesn't know what a meme is by now probably wouldn't be buying a contemporary sci-fi collection :)

Back