• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Memnoch the devil

honeydevil

hey did anybody read Anne Rice's MEMNOCH THE DEVIL?? what did you think and how does it relate to I, Lucifer?

are you talking about a book called i lucifer?
or are you refering to yourself :p

sorry i havent read i lucifer, so i cant help you there :(

mr_michel said:
are you talking about a book called i lucifer?
or are you refering to yourself :p

sorry i havent read i lucifer, so i cant help you there :(

yeah i meant the book, but i'm always delighted ( to put it in proper, fancy ... english) to be called the devil. :)

It's one of my favourite books in the Vampire Chronicles (though I would list it in the third place out of the six books I've read). I recommend reading it.

It has an interesting concept that doesn't vilify the devil completely.

spoilers for the books 2-4(5) in the Vampire Chronicles
The development to involve gods as opponent was natural because of the superman syndrome which makes it necessary to involve extremely powerful creatures of supernatural (or alien) origin when the protagonist himself have unnatural strength that surpass everyone else on the earth. The concept with the body thief was clever however. I guess that Lestat's strength somewhat limited Rice in that sense and I think that's why she returned to writing prequels (more or less?). To me it seems like a good choice, I've never been a big fan of superman because the opponents only turned out to be more absurd every time.

Haven't read 'I, Lucifer'.

thanks i read memnoch the devil and i found it to be very interesting and sensual (not sexual). She, anne rice, described the smells, the tastes, the looks and all that in a rather short form.

Which one did you like best of the vampire chronical?

I liked 'Lestat the Vampire' the best. It has the most interesting plotline in my opinion and in it Armand is an interesting character because of his flaws.

I read Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat and I started reading Queen of the Damned, but I must admit...I loved Interview and I really liked Lestat, but the ending, to me wasn't very good. I didn't like the way Lestat became a rock star, to me it just took away from the whole ancient vampire feeling (if that makes any sense :confused: ). And when I started reading Queen of the damned, I was really disappointed, and I couldn't finish it. I read about 40 pages. To me it just jumped around and never really got to any point of interest.

So, even though I own the entire vampire series, i just couldn't get past the 3rd book.

but if most of you think they are good, I might give queen of the damned another try.

Usagi said:
I read Interview with the Vampire and The Vampire Lestat and I started reading Queen of the Damned, but I must admit...I loved Interview and I really liked Lestat, but the ending, to me wasn't very good. I didn't like the way Lestat became a rock star, to me it just took away from the whole ancient vampire feeling (if that makes any sense :confused: ). And when I started reading Queen of the damned, I was really disappointed, and I couldn't finish it. I read about 40 pages. To me it just jumped around and never really got to any point of interest.

So, even though I own the entire vampire series, i just couldn't get past the 3rd book.

but if most of you think they are good, I might give queen of the damned another try.

personelly i didn't really care for the queen, but i really liked memnoch. but you don't have to read the queen to read the rest.

Out of the Chronicles, I've read Interview With The Vampire, Queen of the Damned, Vampire Lestat, The Tale of the Body Thief and Memnoch.

Out of all of them, I would have to say that Body Thief is among my favourites, or so I remember (I've only read them all once so far, and my memory is failing me)

Memnoch was good, but I'm sure I remember it dragging on a bit too long. But that might have been one of the other books.

Hmm...

Back