• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Memorable Movie Quote Game

Gem: Good. I wouldn't want unclaimed points just floating around. They would get in everyone's hair :p

What's the next quote?

Rocky.

"You broke into my house, stole my property, murdered my servants and my pets, and that is what grieves me the most! You killed my snake..."

Gem said:
oops, forgot to add a quote (assuming my answer is correct):

Army of darkness - Great movie!

Quote:

It's out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead...

It's out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead...

Terminator?? Was it Michael Biehn?

Perfecto, yes it was!

This is an easy one, but one of my favourites:

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it."

You stumped me with this one...will have to think on it awhile. How long do we have to wait to get a hint?

Wild guess.
Crumb?
Don't know if it's right, but at least it fits.
or, in the same vein...
American Splendor?
or, am I breaking a rule by venturing 2 guesses in the same post?

Blimey Zoli, I can't even work this one out logically.

If Libre hasn't guessed it, can we get a clue?

None of those. Its from the perhaps best known movie of one of americas most famous independent film makers. To the extent that independent film makers are famous.

hmm..did I scare everybody off? I wasn't going to put the answer...since I used nefarious methods.

I cheated as well...I have never heard of the film...or the director! I am going to order it on NETFLIX and check it out. looks like a pretty good one.

Back