• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Crichton: Prey

Without the technical "stuff" Michael Crichton wouldn't be Michael Crichton, and classics like Jurassic Park, Terminal Man, The Andromeda Strain, Eaters of the Dead, Sphere, Rising Sun, Airframe, etc. wouldn't exist (or would exist, but would read like Dan Brown novels).

sirmyk said:
Without the technical "stuff" Michael Crichton wouldn't be Michael Crichton, and classics like Jurassic Park, Terminal Man, The Andromeda Strain, Eaters of the Dead, Sphere, Rising Sun, Airframe, etc. wouldn't exist (or would exist, but would read like Dan Brown novels).

I couldn't agree more, sirmyk.

Prey is a very good book. Michael Crichton has a knack for putting a lot of scientific and technical info in his stories and making it interesting. And realistic. This was not by any means as good as Jurassic Park, The Lost World, or Timeline, but it was still a good and fun read.

I thought it was OK. I mean, it had a pretty cool message that I've heard before in the form of an OK story.

Also, I predicted the WHOLE ending...

I've only read Timeline, Andromeda Strain, and Airframe by him, and enjoyed all of them. But I suspect they are among the more understated of his books at least from the exerpts of some I have seen.

pontalba said:
I've only read Timeline, Andromeda Strain, and Airframe by him, and enjoyed all of them. But I suspect they are among the more understated of his books at least from the exerpts of some I have seen.

The Andromeda Strain is my favorite by him.

Sphere is my all time favorite book and movie.

Major question: Do you pronounce his name "Creeton" or "Criton" (ryhmes with "triton")?

Steph said:
Major question: Do you pronounce his name "Creeton" or "Criton" (ryhmes with "triton")?
It is the latter (well that is how I have always pronounced it anyway ;) )

Back