• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Moss: Salt Sugar Fat

-@k-

Hi Everyone,

I've just begun reading this book. From what I have read it is an analysis of the American Food Industry and its use of salt, sugar, and fat in the processed foods it produces. The book also looks at the effect these three things have on obesity, heart disease, and other maladies.

Has anyone read this book? I feel the author has explained his notions well from what I have read so far.

I'm interested in other opinions about this book.

Also, I'm not sure I have posted in the right section...let me know.

I haven't read this, but am interested to see what you think of it. Have you finished? It's incredible how negatively our bodies can be affected by sugars.

I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (meaning it was caused by my immune system and I no longer produce enough insulin) so have been reading a lot more nutrition based non-fiction lately.

I haven't read this, but am interested to see what you think of it. Have you finished? It's incredible how negatively our bodies can be affected by sugars.

I was recently diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (meaning it was caused by my immune system and I no longer produce enough insulin) so have been reading a lot more nutrition based non-fiction lately.

Hi. Late reply. Lol. I never finished reading the book. What I have personally noticed is that when I eat sugary foods I feel a change in energy. First it increases then decreases. Compare that with not sugary foods. The change in energy is less. For example, eating a chocolate bar vs. an avocado.

Back