• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Michael Rosen

rachaelanne

Hello everyone! I just heard that Michael Rosen is coming out with a new book on August 3rd, 2009 and I'm really excited about it! The title is, "What Else But Home: Seven Boys and an American Journey Between the Projects and the Penthouse." The book, told in first-person narrative, is going to be an honest account of how Michael Rosen and his family decided to include, mentor, and love a group of boys living in the projects near their home in Manhattan's Lower East Side. Check it out!

Rosen's writing

Well, the only other book I've read is "Turning Words, Spinning Worlds," which is a collection of his academic texts on cultures within cities or the "metropolis." Although as an academic, I like this style of writing, I'm excited to see how he handles an autobiography. He's really smart, and I like it when writers offer deeper layers, such as analysis or criticism, when telling a true story. Once the book comes out (and I finish it), I'd love to discuss it. For now, I can't really discuss it any further because I don't know more information about it than what the website offers. I just hope others will keep an eye out for it as I am.

Back