• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

AlphaOmegaX

Does anybody else miss the original power rangers? I mean sure they are like 30 years old now but man were they cool! Now power rangers can fly, talk to animals, use guns (wtf?), and just plain suck! Input?

~Josh

I was never much of a Power Ranger fan as I was a teenager when they started. My younger brothers liked them in the very begining though and their babysitter was friends with the Pink Ranger (the only one who ever went anywhere). They are all in their early to mid 30s. You can check them out on the IMDB page for that show.

I can't say i've watched it since i was young, so I dont know how bad its got. I do however remember that they used to remind me of milkshakes :eek:

I was totally rabid when I was a kid and loved watching that show. I still have my collection of spin fighters and even the movie. I noticed that Toon Disney had the Power Rangers Generations on so I watched some of the old episodes not too long ago. Ah, the memories! I was totally crushing Tommy in my youth.

I met Johnny Yong Bosch at Ohayocon this year. He's a pretty funny guy. I got a picture with him and his autograph so it was awesome! I wonder how many fans there were former Power Ranger groupies?

I know, I used to be super obsessed! I even had a little short and shirt combo that had all the Power Rangers on it!

I remember staying up late on Friday night to watch a show where they dubbed old movies and such. One regular feature for a while was a Japanese show which was really funny. I was disappointed when they stopped showing them, but I heard that they were being reworked for children. I thus had my children in front of the TV for the start of the Power Rangers. They were not as funny, but my children caught the magic of them. Today, my youngest is watching the Power Rangers on Disney and likes the original programs better than the new ones.

True story: Lord Zed potty trained a daughter. I found a Lord Zed doll (it was over a foot tall) at the toy store. It was coming vacation time, and I told my daughter that if she wet the bed she would have to sleep with Lord Zed instead of her usual bedtime partner. She was not going to sleep with Lord Zed, so set her mind to using the potty.

I adored the power rangers in my younger years,downside was when i was 12 my aunt from Italy bought me a Power Ranger school bag. It's not something you buy a 12 year old and because of it's cost i had to use it :(

Well I think I have you all beat. I still have my power rangers sheets and pillowcases. I still put them on my bed and if people give weird looks or ask questions I silence them with a hand gesture then proceed to say that "Power Rangers own you, Don't alk trash because you can't stop the Putty Patrol." That quiets the fools. Wear your Power Rangers proudly!

~Josh

Back