• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Missing author and title

jw00325

I have racked my brain for weeks looking for this book. I have tried search engines, book search sites, library help, and other message boards. I am close to believing that I made this book up. Any help will be appreciated.

I believe it is either a fantasy book or set in the Middle Age time period in Western Europe. In the beginning of the book it is from the point of view of a woman in the village which has a knight come visit. The knight always keeps his head covered because it is facially scarred. He ends up taking the woman with him and his squire. They make camp at night and the woman ends up taking off his mask or helmet to see his face and then is when we see it is scarred. They end up sleeping together and she ends up pregnant. The rest of the story follows the son who also is facially scarred as it seems that it is hereditary. At one point in the story the son ends up becoming a prisoner in a town and is set in a cage on display and has the townspeople throw stuff at him. That is all I can think of. Like I said before any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Back