• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mitch Albom: For One More Day

xBasx

I've read "The five people you meet in heaven" and loved it. Now I'm enjoying the last 50pages of "Tuesdays with morrie"

When I visited Amazon.com, I found some review about his upcoming book.
It'll be available on sep.26th

aec1.images_amazon.com_images_P_1401303277.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V62187932_.jpg

the book official site

here is the review on amazon
-------------
"Every family is a ghost story . . ."

Mitch Albom mesmerized readers around the world with his number one New York Times bestsellers, The Five People You Meet in Heaven and Tuesdays with Morrie. Now he returns with a beautiful, haunting novel about the family we love and the chances we miss.

For One More Day is the story of a mother and a son, and a relationship that covers a lifetime and beyond. It explores the question: What would you do if you could spend one more day with a lost loved one?

As a child, Charley "Chick" Benetto was told by his father, "You can be a mama’s boy or a daddy’s boy, but you can’t be both." So he chooses his father, only to see the man disappear when Charley is on the verge of adolescence.

Decades later, Charley is a broken man. His life has been crumbled by alcohol and regret. He loses his job. He leaves his family. He hits bottom after discovering his only daughter has shut him out of her wedding. And he decides to take his own life.

He makes a midnight ride to his small hometown, with plans to do himself in. But upon failing even to do that, he staggers back to his old house, only to make an astonishing discovery. His mother – who died eight years earlier –- is still living there, and welcomes him home as if nothing ever happened.

What follows is the one "ordinary" day so many of us yearn for, a chance to make good with a lost parent, to explain the family secrets, and to seek forgiveness. Somewhere between this life and the next, Charley learns the astonishing things he never knew about his mother and her sacrifices. And he tries, with her tender guidance, to put the crumbled pieces of his life back together.

Through Albom’s inspiring characters and masterful storytelling, readers will newly appreciate those whom they love – and may have thought they’d lost –- in their own lives. For One More Day is a book for anyone in a family, and will be cherished by Albom’s millions of fans worldwide.
-------

According to my experience, I think the book will be great.
I can't wait for it to be released

what do you think? :)

I think it would be prudent to lay in a good supply of tissues. I can't wait till it is released; he's a wonderful writer.

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard about it yet. I have always enjoyed Albom's writing, whether book or his newspaper column.

thanks for replying

lunablu63, yeah he is =)

Scooter13, I've never read his columns.
going to look them up though

thanks for the link.

I've seen his sport ones. decided not to read them coz actually, I'm not into the sports he covers..
I've read his article about Mel Gibson though ..

Couldn't resist:

Stations of the Mel

Edit: I just now read the Albom article on Gibson and I have to say that the man makes sense. But I also have to admit that the above made me me laugh.

Oh! Back on subject -- thanks for this suggestion, xBasx, I'll probably get this one for my g'kid, who loved TFPYMiH.

StillILearn, thanks for the link, I'll read the atricle later ..
you know what, I really like Mel Gibson. he is my fav. actor.
just becoz he said something about jews doesn't makes him a bad person.
I think if he said something about another religion no one would've felt insulted. but only coz it was against jews,it was perceived as an outrageous statement ..
yes he has alcohol problems to deal with.but if those were his opinions, he has the right to express them. and if they were an alcohol-influenced-opinions, well! HE WAS DRUNK!!!

Oh! Back on subject
:p
I hope ur kid likes the book

Wiser and more eloquent folks than I am have been addressing the results of racism and prejudice since the beginnings of recorded time, xBasx, and I'm having enough trouble trying to defend the outlandish notion of possible peaceful coexistence in another thread.

humans

I just find it really confusing when one group have the privilege to call each statement -even if some of the statements are FACTS- against it as racism.
while other groups are getting more than that and no one is being called racist..

anyway, this is not the place to discuss these kind of subjects :)

Back