• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mobipocket, good or bad?

scificafe

I've just tried publishing a load of my work on Mobipocket, they look like a well set up company etc, but I have just heard from someone that they really don't rate Mobipocket at all - in fact they pretty much flamed them.

Has anyone else had any good or bad experiences with them?

Andy

Just following up....

Just following up on this, I've had six titles up on Mobipocket for about a month now and although I'm not going to bother people with the boring details of how MUCH; they've actually generated quite an interesting little pocketfull of money for me.

The process of publishing stuff on there was REALLY easy, so definatley worth the time.

:D

Oh, it's just for books, not stories. That complicates things for me, because I have an agent and I can't screw up the rights for my finished novels. But I do retain the rights for my one published novel and I could put it up there. I've heard that a few already successful authors have generated enough word-of-mouth to sell hardcover copies, even though it's free on the net.

But maybe I can develop an anthology of my short stories and sell it as an e-book on Mobipocket.:D

JohnB

Okay, a day of researching later, I finally followed the clues you left on your profile and learned you are, indeed, selling short stories. So they really sell, huh? Cooool! Congrats.

A modest income...

Yes, I sell my own short (and micro) stories plus a few that other authors have contributed to my site. I've put six titles up there to see how they go and although it's not enough to pay the mortgage, it's enough to do GREAT things for the ego and to give me the inspiration to carry on writing.

I didn't want to put TOO many details up on the original post in case the moderators frowned on the shameless self publicity! ;)

Still, give it a go, it's free.

Back