• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Most Haunted

gallagher672003

This programme gets more annoying by the episode!

The team go on a "serious parnormal investigation",then scream and mince their way through the whole event.
Every noise is a ghost and every piece of dust that drifts by the night vision camera is an "orb".
To make things worse,on a slow night Derek Acorah feigns a "posession" and always uses the same voice.
I hope to god there isn't an afterlife beause I would be really pissed if someone kept asking for me to prove I was there and ask if I need help only to be screamed at if I say yes!

It's like watching Scooby Doo. :eek:

Is this supposed to be some kind of reality TV thing? I think there was a show like that on MTV at one point. It scared the crap out of me...but then again, being in the work parking lot at night scares the crap out of me.

Ah yes, but Derek getting posessed is the whole point of watching it, it's flippin' hilarious!

I've never watched the series version, but I will confess to being quite engrossed by the latest "Most Haunted Live", which they broadcast over 3 nights about 2 weeks ago. Mainly because they were on location in my home town. Not where I live now, where I grew up, a little fishing port - Brixham, in Devon. Which according to legend is absolutely chock full of paranormal activity, ghosts, whatever, from the old pirate/smuggling days.

It was interesting to hear some of the local legends re-hashed, etc. But, all this stuff is common knowledge to anyone who grew up in the area. For instance, the story about Aggie, the little girl who fell from the window of the Smuggler's Haunt hotel. Any Brixham person worth their salt knows about that. The "White Lady" at Berry Pomeroy castle is also a very well-known thing. It would have been incredibly easy for the team to read up on it beforehand and feign some kind of "contact" with these people.

Plus, not only did Derek get posessed (twice!), so did Yvette, and one of the sound-guys, and a couple of other people, (*slight* overkill, me thinks) and by the end of the third night I was almost killing myself laughing at it.

It's total car crash tv, you don't want to watch it but once you get sucked in, you can't help it.

Anyway. In general, I have an open mind about all this kind of thing, but I simply can't take anyone seriously who wears shoes like Derek Acorah does :D

Back