• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Moto-esque attempt - Overpaid Atheletes?

Stewart said:
Depends in which country you live. Over here, in the UK, our national lottery (imaginatively titled Lotto) pays out half of the takings to the winner(s) and the other half goes to charitable projects and grants for other stuff. Unfortunately, athletes can apply for funding from this fund to pay for their careers which simply involves jumping over bars. I don't believe that money should be given to them. If they want money to doss about all day then they should find sponsorship and should not be awarded money that can go to building creches, hospices, playparks, spazbuses, elderly folk homes, etc.

Artists, also, should get a proper job.

That's interesting, Stewart. Thanks.

Stewart said:
athletes can apply for funding from this fund to pay for their careers which simply involves jumping over bars. I don't believe that money should be given to them. If they want money to doss about all day then they should find sponsorship and should not be awarded money that can go to building creches, hospices, playparks, spazbuses, elderly folk homes, etc.

Artists, also, should get a proper job.
What's happened in your life to make you so angry Stewart? Perhaps if you told us we could help you.

oh, and BTW
Stewart said:
spazbuses
if you were a little bit older and and grew up in 70's Britain like me you'd know the correct term is Joeymobile.

Regards,

Kenny "always here with a sensitive ear" Shovel.

Stewart is angry, but that's how we like him. He's a ballbearing among the marshmallows, a steely-eyed serpent among the cats, the hatpin on the comfy chair, the lurking perv at the bus stop, the gaping maw of unholy halitosis bearing down on an innocent sausage . . . well, er, maybe not.

Well, Moto, this thread died out much more quickly than yours usually do, but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes too high.

I will remain the grasshopper to your master.

:D

Welcome back!

Back