• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

movie of the month

arctic

any interest in doing something like this?

or any recommendations on someplace that does something like this?

it would be like the book of the month discussion...only a dvd or themed movie month instead...:eek:

just curious.

Hmmm, it's a good idea, but as a film generally takes two hours to watch, compared to upto a week (or even longer) for a book to be read, the discussion may dry up before the month is up.

That's my only gripe, other than that, it's a great idea... the nominating and voting system for the BOTM really works I reckon, so yeah, why not. :)

true, movies are generally quicker to absorb. but it takes time for people to get ahold of a copy usually.

still, it could be two a month instead. or it could be themed months. like bill murray month or romantic comedy month.

i'll poke a mod to see if there are any spare subforums laying around.

"Mod poking"?! :eek: I'm sure there must be a rule against that. :mad:

Anyway, we don't have any spare sub-forums lying around, but if you want to start a "Movie of the Month" thread I'm sure that would be fine. You could do it in the same way as the BotM - have a nominations thread and get people to vote, then create a discussion thread for the winner. If you ask us nicely and refrain from poking us, we might even stick the thread at the top of the Film & TV forum for you. :)

poke = private message. it's not quite as painful as it sounds. ;)

just didn't want to flood the forum with MOTM threads if we didn't have to. regardless though, i'm still wondering how much interest there is in this. 34 thread views in two days is promising i guess.

also, while i'm getting ahead of myself, i prenominate Groundhog Day for February MOTM. :D

Back