• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Book List

RolandOfGilead

Here is a list of Books that i have really enjoyed. Also includes series', trilogies, etc.

BTW: i am a noob, this is my first post.

Most memorable books (no specific order)

-Lord of the Rings (Trilogy)

-Wind On Fire (Trilogy)
-Halo (series)
-Chronicles of Narnia (series)
-The Hobbit
-Harry Potter (series)
-Sabriel; Lirael; Abhorsen (trilogy; Maybe more)
-Faerie Wars (series)
-Everworld (series; Bad ending)
-Redwall (series)
-The Giver
-Left Behind (series)
-Ender’s Game (series)
-The Seer and the Sword (2 books)
-The Last Book in the Universe
-Where the Red Fern Grows
-Jason’s Gold
-His Dark Material’s (trilogy; more to come)
-Bartimaeus (trilogy)
-Eragon (trilogy)
-Watership Down
-The Hounds of the Morrigan
-The Stand
-Lord of the Flies
-Shade’s Children
-The Nargun and the Stars
-To Kill A Mockingbird
-The Dark Tower (series)
-Faerie Tale
-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime
-The World According to Garp
-The Catcher in the Rye
-The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide

So Please tell me what you think, and if you have any reccommendations(s/p?).

-Roland

Hi Roland, cool name! :) We have read and liked a heck of a lot of the same books - the ones below are the ones I have read too.

-Lord of the Rings (Trilogy) Great (the first time).
-Wind On Fire (Trilogy) Very good.
-Chronicles of Narnia (series) OK...
-The Hobbit Still on my TBR pile!
-Harry Potter (series) All very enjoyable.
-Sabriel; Lirael; Abhorsen Liked Lirael best.
-Faerie Wars (series) Got the first one on my TBR pile.
-The Giver Very good - hated the ending. :mad:
-His Dark Material’s (trilogy; more to come) Excellent.
-Bartimaeus (trilogy) Loved the first, second is on my TBR pile.
-Watership Down *Sob!*
-The Stand Excellent.
-Lord of the Flies Very good but depressing.
-The Dark Tower (series) Excellent. Got within 100 pages of finishing it to find my book has 16 pages missing, so am currently stuck in todash space with this. :mad:
-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime Very good.
-The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide Excellent.

Based on this list, I would recommend a trilogy by Stephen Bowkett called Ice, Storm and Thaw. Also Exodus by Julie Bertagna, Philip Reeves' Mortal Engines series and Mary Hoffman's Stravaganza series. All these are young adult. In adult books, I really liked Trudi Canavan's trilogy The Black Magician (The Magicians' Guild, The Novice and The High Lord). All these are excellent. :)

Hey! Thanks for the advice and reccomendations everyone!

About Left Behind: To-Direstraits:

I actually haven't read the last 2 books in the series, or however many were after the one after desecration (i forget what it is called)...and I haven't read them for quite some time. But I will tell you, that when i was reading them they were my favorite books of all time, but right now I am very soon to start the #6 Dark Tower : Song of Susannah(s/p?).

p.s. Thanks for the welcomes, and especially that book by book analysis Halo.
p.p.s. and what's wrong w/ Watership Down?! LOL I loved that book!

Great screenname! Welcome RolandOfGilead, son of Steven!--I'm currently reading 'Wizard and Glass' and will someday finish the series. I usually read other books in between. Did you read the series all at once?

If you want to try some more King, 'The Talisman' is a good fantasy/adventure, and then theres part two 'The Black House', which I have but haven't read.

Have you read Douglas Adams, 'Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency' or 'The Long,Dark Tea-Time of the Soul'? Both very funny! :D

Nope, I didn't read them all at the same time Lorre; I wanted to own them all, and so between buying them i read other books.
Thanks for the compliment on my s/n! BTW, I am on my #6 in the series! Nope, I haven't read those books, but I will try and get them on my TBR list.

Susan and Roland

That section of the series is fantastic. Classic King. He writes girls better than I can be one. Still can't believe he pictured Clint Eastwood as Roland though.... oh well. Nobody's perfect. Hey, try Steinbeck, or McMurtry. Great, great, great. If you ever meet Gus in print, you won't soon forget him. **we dont rent pigs** Anne Tyler is great too, but you prolly wouldn't appreciate her as much as I do ;)

Luv yer name, loved the series. Guy on my forum says... well, I can't repeat it, but he did not appreciate the turns taken. :rolleyes:

Hey! Those are some good picks!

There's a book I read last month that has become my favorite: East of Eden by John Steinbeck. It has everything! I highly recommend it!

Back