• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My Depressing Life

Chapter 15: I Reckon My Story Is Going To Win This Competition!

Today is Friday and I think I should start working on my science project soon because the due date is getting closer and closer as the days pass, but I am more worried about the Scary Story Competition. I need to win this competition to finally win over Jane, and if I don’t, well, then I won’t have much of a chance at winning over Jane. Oh, Jane, how I wish you knew how I truly felt about you! I know you read my navy blue notebook that I kept around in sixth grade, but I did not write all my thoughts about you because I was scared at times that someone might find the notebook and spread the word about me liking Jane.
I am in my house right now, thinking about whether or not to edit my story. Of course I know I turned it in already, but I can still remember the important parts of my story, and I think I might tell more about the main character’s past. But I find it extremely hard to work in extra chapters after you finished writing the story, because then you have to mention something happening in the past! Like if you had two characters named Santiago and Bert, and they both hated each other deeply throughout the whole story, and you finished the story with them hating each other, but then you added a new chapter with them becoming friends, then you have to go to all the chapters after that chapter and edit out all the parts about them hating each other! I find it extremely agitating, but hey, every job is hard, or else they wouldn’t call it “work,” right?
I start to hear my phone ringing. I try to find my phone, but it is on my desk in my room, and my desk in my room is covered in papers that I don’t even need. I practically delve into the papers to look for the phone, and then I feel something that felt harder than what a paper would feel like, so I knew it was my phone. I turned on the “talk button” on my phone which would allow the person who is calling me to speak, but I guess the person must have hung up because I can hear that irritating beeping that you always hear when someone hangs up on you. Man, is that annoying or what?
“Josh, who is on the phone?” my mother calls down from the first floor of our house.
“No one, mom,” I practically scream back. I didn’t scream because I was mad, I just wanted her to hear me. To make sure she did not get mad me, though, I decided to add an extra sentence into my statement, except with a more calm voice. “The person who was originally on the phone hung up.”
“Okay, honey,” my mother responds.
I decide that my story if fine after debating whether or not to edit for the past thirty minutes. I just did not like the recent stuff I wrote, and I guess I must have had something in class that made me write so good… I am assuming because it was probably because I was watching Jane’s beautiful hazel eyes… I just noticed that we have the same color eyes… We have more in common with each other than I thought.
I start thinking about calling David just to ask him what his story is about, but he might get a little bit suspicious. I would never chea- Okay, maybe I would, but I already turned my paper in anyways, so if I called David and asked him what his story was about, I am sure he would tell me… If he even has a phone… I mean, he reads so much that I do not even think he would think about getting a phone, and I don’t think Mr. and Mrs.- Uhhh… Mr. and Mrs.- What is David’s last name anyways!? Well, anyways, I don’t think David’s “parents” would buy a phone because they are probably exactly like David. I know that not all kids have the same personality traits, but reading is usually a family trait, but then again, I am highly depressed, and my parents seem like the jauntiest people in the world. It is odd how that works sometimes.
I hear my phone ring again, and I pick it up instantly this time and ask, “Hello, who is this?”
“Jane… told me that my story is pretty good,” a voice that belongs to someone I know says.
“Mark? Since when did you like Jane? I thought you always hated how she fu—”
The person who is speaking into the telephone interrupts me. “Dude, this isn’t Mark; this is Roy.”
“Oh, hey, Roy,” I respond. “How is that science project with that frog going?”
“It is good, but I called to tell you that Jane is crushing on me, I reckon,” Roy proclaims.
Crushing on someone like you? Ha, ha! Roy, you would definitively be a miraculous comedian. You think a girl like Jane would crush on a guy like you? Please, that is…
Yes, I stopped myself in my own mind because I realize that I am really a loser with no friends. I have just been feeling like a popular jock from time to time after I went to the movie entitled “An American Haunting” with Jane and Alyssa… That is all… I guess Roy really does have better chance than me with Jane. Dang it!
“Yeah, Josh, I reckon that she’ll ask me out sooner or later,” Roy goes on about himself and Jane. “I mean, I reckon that since she is not going out with Alex, I reckon tha—”
I don’t normally stifle people that often, but I had to during this certain event. “Dude, why the hell do you keep saying I reckon? What, are you some freaking hillbilly now?”
Roy laughs and gives me a pretty good explanation for this. “No, you see, in my story my characters are from the South, so they are sort of like hillbillies, right? Well, I want to act like my characters so I get it down right the first time and I learn how they talk so I don’t have to go back to my story later on and edit it. You see?”
“Yeah, I guess so,” I admit.
“Alright, well, I wish the best of luck to you for the story and your science project, but I reckon I should get off the telephone now because I am really grounded today and if my mother catches me she’ll do something that I should not mention,” Roy informs me.
“Alright, it was nice talking to you… I wish the best of luck to you as well,” I respond.
Roy hangs up his phone first, and then I hang my phone next. Then I take a sit back down on my chair that is near my desk which is in my room, and I punch my lamp and break the light bulb in it somehow because I have just learned that I have a new competitor… and his name is Roy.

Chapter 16: It’s Indeed Halloween!

Well, I turned my story into Mr. Ranning a couple of days ago. It's now October 31, 2006, though. Today is Halloween! Yes, we still have to go to school, but who cares? We get to find out the winner of the Scary Story Competition! I can hardly wait!
I must’ve arrived at school at 8:30 in the morning because no one was there. Oh well, I figure I can wait to hear Mrs. Batella announce the winner in thirty minutes… Oh, that is too long! I need to know now!
I wonder if Mr. Ranning will show up at our school today. It would seem likely if this was only competition for Zamarak to compete in, but if all schools competed in the this competition, I doubt he would select one school to go to and stay there for the day to announce the winner. I don’t even think they’ll make a big deal about this, but I could sure use that money… I was sued by a couple of people because of that one incident I had where Jason’s death occurred. What else was I supposed to do, people!? He was chasing me! But of course the judge cannot understand that! Man, I could spend my money on so many better things, but of course Jason and the other people have to ruin it… Dicks!
Mr. Ranning surprisingly arrived at our classroom at 8:35 in the morning. He winked at me, and I think he whispered, “Good job,” but I could be wrong.
I wish Mr. Ranning would start a conversation with me just so I could ask him about the competition without seeming to eager, but he just sat near Mrs. Batella’s podium and thought. That really pissed me off.
Jane arrived in school in a nice, fairy dress. I didn’t know why at first, but then I remembered that today was Halloween, so it made sense. I just thought everyone was out of the whole costume thing, but when Roy came in with a mummy costume on, and Star came in with a witch costume on, and Alex came in with a cowboy costume (Fag.) on, and more people came in the classroom with costumes on, I understood that you could never be too old to enjoy the spirit of Halloween, but I don’t believe in that kind of crap, and I found it funny that everyone thought it was necessary to wear a costume just because the date changed by a day. I’ll never understand the things some people do.
“Hey, Josh,” Jane greets me, twirling her wand in her left hand, and massaging her hair in her left hand.
Wait a minute, did Jane just greet me? Sweet! I better say something so she doesn’t think I am stupid. “He-Hey, Ja-Jane, nice costume.” Oh yeah, that went real swell. By the way, I was being sarcastic!
“Hey,” Jane responds with almost an exact replica of her last statement. “Where is your costume?”
“Oh, well, I forgot all about Halloween,” I admit, and I sort of did; I just thought that the Scary Story Competition was just a fun thing, or something like that.
“Forgot about Halloween?” Jane says, seeming rather astonished. “How could you forget about the greatest day on Earth?”
“Well, I think is sucks ass,” I admit again.
Jane looks at me with exasperation, but she doesn’t change the tone in her voice. “Josh, Halloween is supposed to be about being a different person than you regularly are.”
Then wouldn’t I be a happy person? And wouldn’t you be a whore? Not that your prude, Jane, but you are rather… not sluttish… Of course I don’t say that out loud, I just grin and say, “Yeah, I know.”
“Then why didn’t you dress up today?” Jane questions.
I shrug. I could say that I wanted to look handsome when I win the Scary Story Competition, rather than looking like a deranged monkey, but then Jane would probably portray me as a cocky person, and I am not; I just have a strong feeling that I am going to win this competition.
“Well, don’t worry, Josh; next year awaits you!” Jane assures me.
“Heh, yeah, I am sure it does…” I reply.
“Class! Get in your seats!” Mrs. Batella commands us all. “Whoever did this is in big trouble! And I mean serious trouble! I will expel you the moment I find out who did it!”
Of course no one knows what Mrs. Batella is going on about, but we can assume from the tone of her voice that it is not good. So please, Mrs. Batella, please inform us with your useful information.
“Probably all of you except one person are all wondering what the heck I am talking about,” Mrs. Batella announces.
No, hell, Mrs. Batella, hell.
“Someone has done something very naughty,” Mrs. Betalla continues. “Someone has taken all the Scary Story Competition stories and has torn them all into pieces! I found all the scraps of paper in my garbage can this morning, and I can assure you that I didn’t do it! Someone in this room went into my house, took the Scary Story Competition stories, and ripped them all in half! After everyone’s tiring effort, that person decided to destroy all the glory that that person would probably ever receive! I hope the person who did it is pert, because that is the only thing people today will get out of it!”
Holy shit. That is all I can say, and I didn’t even exclaim that word in my mind. I am just… amazed… Why would someone do something like that? Why!? Gosh, dang it! I am so damn pissed off right now I could kill another person! (Wait, I didn’t kill Jason, right?)
Maybe-just maybe-Mr. Ranning made a copy of my story because he liked it so much… Just maybe of course. I said a silent prayer to God that he did, but God has never answered my prayers before, so I doubt he would now.
“Well, let’s not have it ruin our fun party that we have planned!” Mrs. Batella announces.
I’m sorry, Mrs. Batella, but I cannot enjoy anything anymore after what happened to my story. Sure I only spent about six and a half hours on it, but it still took a long time, and I want those hours and minutes of my life back! Oh wait, I forgot, I hate my life and I want it to end as fast as it can… Oops…
Oh yeah, school was really fun today… Not! It was as boring as hell! All we did was play pointless games that weren’t fun, they didn’t make us any smarter, they didn’t make us any stronger, and they did not make us any faster! So what the heck was the point of trying to eat a donut on a string? I swear I still have some donut toppings in my eyes, and let me tell you that jelly and glazed particles hurt really badly! At least I didn’t spill salt in my womb, though, like Roy did. Ha, ha, he is a good person, I suppose… Maybe I should start talking to him.
But I couldn’t laugh from Roy’s poor misery; I just couldn’t feel any positive or negative emotions the whole day because someone ripped up all the stories in the Scary Story Competition… I wish I knew who it was so they would get in trouble and never walk again, but I probably cannot do that because I am not a detective, so I wouldn’t be able to find any clues. Even if people who are not detectives can still find out mysteries, this one is too cryptic and I don’t have any gadgets that would help me figure out stuff.
Oh well, at least the school day seemed to go by pretty fast with us not learning and all. I am also wondering why we are having another dance soon. Didn’t we just have one about three weeks ago? That was enough; I didn’t want to get mentally hurt again, but Jason would not be there, so maybe something like that wouldn’t happen, but all the other popular jocks could still do stuff to me. At least Alex started to warm up a bit. He actually started giving me friendly pats on the back! Yes, that is amazing to me, but that doesn’t change the fact that I hate him and his stupid cowboy outfit.
The walk home seemed like it took forever, but that was probably only because I was walking so slowly because I was so depressed.
How am I going to get Jane to like me now? There is nothing else I can do without seeming cocky… Should I learn how to play the guitar? No, that is a bad idea; it is way too complicated and I am not too patient with things to learn anything.
I guess I might go to this dance tonight, but maybe I should just saunter down the streets and ask for candy. I don’t see why people call me abnormal and crazy if I ask for free candy on any other day of the year, but it is normal and not crazy if I ask for free candy on Halloween. That is very ironic if I do say so myself.
I wish I knew what time this dance was. It seems like I can’t remember what time any extra activities are at, but that is not why I do not try out for things like sports. The only reason I do not try out for extra activates like sports is because nobody likes me, and even if I was good, they would never pass the ball to me, and they would all say I suck anyways, so I see no point in trying anyways. Maybe one day, though; only if my life gets any better.
As I sauntered down the lonely street which is called “Croaking’s Lonesome,” I began to hear a raucous of footsteps and a soft, sweet voice.
“Josh!” the voice shouts. It turns out to be Jane. Yes! I stop and Jane manages to catch up to the area I am on, although she is gasping for breath, but she is not sweating. “Josh, why didn’t you go to the dance?”
I never thought I would hear Jane ask those words, but I’ll pretend that girls ask me that question everyday and not act surprised. “Well, I, uhhh… Well, I just didn’t think that the dance was that cool.”
“Oh, really?” Jane questions.
“No…” I admit.
“Then why didn’t you go to the dance?” Jane asks.
“Because nobody likes me and nobody would want to dance with me because I am a stupid lo—”
Jane stifles me by pressing her fingers on her right hand against my lips. “Josh, everyone loves you; you just don’t know it yet.” Jane pauses and then goes on. “And I would be more than happy to dance with you.”
Jane takes her gentle fingers off my red lips, and I am awing in amazement. I am now debating whether or not to ask her out again, but I figure that this moment is not the right time… Maybe later, though.
“So do you want to go to the dance now?” Jane questions me eagerly.
“Yeah, sure… Why not?” I answer.
So Jane and I both walked to the dance together, hand in hand.

Chapter 17: There’s More To Me Than You Think, Jane Dalk

Jane and I both walked onto the dance floor together proudly. This was it; I would finally dance with Jane Dalk! I was so excited at this moment and I didn’t know how to do it. Yes, I danced with Alyssa before, but she kind of led me in a way.
Jane and I were just standing next to each other at first, talking. We didn’t dance yet and I didn’t want to anymore because I knew I would just fail in some way.
“What’s up, guys?” I hear a familiar voice greet us.
I turn around to see Roy. I never really talked to Roy, but he never picked on me, so I gave him a high-five and responded to him. “Hey, dude, what is up?”
Roy looked at me like I was some sort of idiot. “What is up?” Roy cited me. “Dude, just say what’s up. It sounds so much better.”
“Oh, okay, sorry, dude,” I apologize. I also realized that I was calling Roy “dude;” I have only done that a couple of times in my life before, and I don’t even consider Roy my friend, so I don’t know why I would be calling him that.
I felt some tiny, soft, sweet hand enclose around my hand. I looked at Jane, and she was indeed the one holding my hand. “Come on, Josh. Let’s dance!”
Jane pulled me onto the dance floor. I waited for her to grab my shoulders, but since she didn’t, I decided that I should be the one to touch her hips, but I did not know how to do it. What if I accidentally grabbed a certain part of her body that she did not want me to touch? I would not only be abashed, but I would also never have a chance will Jane most likely.
I quickly lifted my medium sized hands and placed them on Jane’s hips. Jane then put her pretty hands on my shoulders, and then we danced.
I took a deep gulp, but then I managed to carry on a conversation with her. “S-So did you make a story for the Scary Story Competition.”
Jane smiled and answered me. “Yeah, but it was not any good… It was only about fifteen pages.”
I didn’t know what to say to this, but the words managed to somehow come out just right. “Well, I’m sure anything you make is wonderful.”
Her smile began to widen, and I could tell that she thought that I was actually serious… And I was. “Well,” she began. “I’m sure mine couldn’t even compare to your story.”
It probably couldn’t, but I am going to say that my story sucks just to make me sound like a gentleman. “Nah, mine was just about some boy who was afraid of the light.”
For a second, it looked as though Jane wanted to laugh at my pathetic explanation, but then she leaned in closer to me, and I knew exactly what she planned on doing. I curled up my lips and become within a three inch range of her lips, but she tilted her head and then drew her head back to where she originally had it. I guess she just wasn’t ready, which was perfectly fine with me. I can understand girl’s feelings like that, I guess.
Jane felt uncomfortable and I could tell she wanted to forget about our attempted kiss.
Once the song ended, Jane took her hands off my shoulders and went by the punch table. I didn’t know why at first, but then I saw that David was sitting there. Please God, tell me that they have not kissed yet… I cannot bear on if I know they have, but I know David is not interested in a love life, so I am not that worried, but Jane might’ve forced him in some sort of way, or something like that.
I hear a voice behind me say, “Tough luck.” The voice belongs to Alex, and I knew he is just here to make fun of me. “Josh, I am really sorry for all the trouble I caused you in the past, and I guess that was the true reason Jane broke up with me.”
I was awestruck; Alex never liked to mention Jane breaking up with him even when he was talking to his popular jock friends, but he was telling me. Why is this?
Alex went on with his statement. “I never really hated you; I guess I just acted that way to be accepted, but it was not worth it. Jason is dead and it is all because of hatred. I wish he was alive so badly, but he is not, and he’ll ne—” Alex stops for the most unbelievable reason; he is crying! Alex, the popular jock that practically ruled the school was crying… Wow… “I ju-ju-just wish he was alive so badly!” He wept even harder than he did before, and I couldn’t help but feel bad for him.
“Dude, it is alright. I mean, I never hated you either, and I wish that I never let any of this happen, but it did, and there is nothing we can do,” I admit.
Even though my main focus was Alex, I did peer over at Jane from time to time. Alex just went on and on about how he was such a dick to me for the last couple of years, and although I appreciated it, I found it rather vexing after awhile.
The rest of the dance was boring; I did not do anything, and I thought Jane truly liked me, but she didn’t; she did not talk or do anything with me for the rest of the dance, and I just felt like I wasted another two hours of my horrible life that I hate so much, but it doesn’t matter, I suppose.
On the way home, I passed Jane’s house and saw something “different” about it. There was a big bulletin board that said the words, “Sold!”
I took a deep gulp, and then I started breathing so hard that I thought I might pass out. Jane, are you moving? Please tell me this is a lie! Not you, Jane Dalk, not you… You are the only reason I am breathing at this moment, although I am breathing rather hard. You were the only person that I truly cared about. You mean everything to me, but you are moving? Why? Don’t you like everyone here?
Jane walks up to her house and notices me, standing on her property, staring at the signpost. “Oh, Josh… I am sorry; I did not want to tell you, though… I thought you might…”
Jane trails off with her words, but I am not listening because I am still astonished. I want to tell her I love her, but I think it is too early in our fake relationship that is not even a real relationship.
Pause! Did I just admit that I loved someone? I guess I did. I always knew it was true, but that was the first time I actually admitted it. “Love;” what a wonderful emotion.
“Josh? Are you listening to me?” Jane questions me.
But I am not listening to her, and the tears in my eyes are starting to become visible.
Jane, please do not leave. There is more to me than you think, Jane. Please, Jane, don’t go… Not now… I need you… Please, Jane… Please…
Jane peers at me and then starts to walk into her house. She stops in the middle of her tracks, though, pauses, and then says, “I still have one more day here, Josh… Tomorrow is my last day, though. I’ll be gone by Friday.”
At least we don’t have school tomorrow. I want to make the best of her last day, but I know she’ll probably want to hang out with David and her friends that are girls.
“Jane, wait,” I say.
Jane looks at me and then replies. “What is it?”
Here it is; one of the last moments you can ever tell Jane how you truly feel about her. Do it, Josh. Come on, Josh, do it. I don’t know why I am talking in third person right now, but I if I had to guess why I was, my guess would probably be because I am scared. I know that I’ll never see Jane again after tomorrow.
Oh, right. I got to answer Jane’s question. How should I answer it, though? Should I tell her what I have been meaning to tell her for almost thirteen years now? Or should I wait until tomorrow, or should I never tell her?
“Josh, what is it?” Jane repeats herself after not getting an answer from me.
I guess she does not expect me to say anything worthwhile, because she is not being patient at all. Didn’t you know explaining your love to someone is the hardest thing to do? There is nothing harder than that, but I guess I might tell you tomorrow… Or I might never tell you.
“Josh!” Jane shouts once again.
“Oh… You’re a real nice dancer,” I comment.
Jane grins and finds words to describe what I am like, but since she can’t seem to find any other words, she just responds by saying, “Thank you, you are, too.”
Thank you, Jane. You may head into your house now, but please promise me that this won’t be the last time I ever see you…

Chapter 18: Here Is My Goodbye

Today is Thursday. Today is also the last day Jane will probably ever be in Illinois again, unless she visits us once in awhile. I hope she has fun in the new state she is going to. I don’t exactly know what state she is moving to, but I guess I’ll ask her today if I see her today.
I guess I am also very eager to see Jane today because it is only 6:00 in the morning. Maybe I should buy Jane a gift or something. I don’t want to see her empty handed on the last day that we’ll probably ever see each other… if we even see each other today.
I just bought her a bouquet of flowers, a box of chocolate, some candy, and a note to her. I am sorry; it is private so I don’t believe I’ll show you it. Sorry again.
When I got home, I set all of the items on the table and waited for her to call me first. Since she did not call me, I called her, even though it is only 7:00 in the morning now.
The phone rings, and Jane Dalk picks up the phone. I could hear her breathing into the phone. “Hello,” she says. “Who is this?”
“Uhhh… This is Josh Sython Zammington,” I answer in an incredibly dumb voice.
I am assuming she is smiling at her voice because she changed her voice to a sweet tone. I mean, her last voice was still sweet, but her voice is even sweeter than it was before. “Oh, hey, Josh.”
“Yeah, hey… So what state are you moving to?” I ask a little bit too eagerly.
“Oh,” Jane says in dismay. “I’m moving to Florida.”
“Florida, eh? In what part of Florida?” I question Jane.
“Orlando,” Jane answers. “You’re free to visit me at anytime.”
Jane, I probably will never visit it you because of some inconvenience. I know I will never see again after tomorrow, but I want to make the best of it. I do not even have enough money to visit Florida after being sued so many times, and I am sure my parents will never lend me the money. Maybe we’ll see each other one day, though.
Of course I do not announce this out loud. I do not want to seem like a pessimist, even though I am, so I just say some lie to make her feel good. “Yeah, I hope I will soon.”
“Josh, do you want to hang out with me today?” Jane asks, and I can tell she doesn’t want to sound eagerly.
“Of course I do!” I announce eagerly. “I mean, I would rather enjoy that.”
I can hear Jane giggling into the phone, and I feel the same exact way I did when I first laid my eyes on Jane Dalk. She was a lovely sight.
Once Jane stopped giggling, she replied back to me. “Okay, meet me at Starbucks, okay?”
“Okay, I promise I will meet you there,” I assure her.
We both hung up the phone at the same time, and I dashed out of my house, and ran towards Starbucks. But I was stopped in the middle of the road by Jason’s dad.
“You!” Jason’s dad yells
“Wh-who are you?” I ask.
“I am Jason’s father! You killed my boy! My boy is dead because of you!” Jason’s father exclaims.
“I’m sorry,” I whisper.
“Sorry!? Sorry won’t cut it! Now, I want you to tell me the whole story of how my boy died,” Jason’s father commands.
“Listen, Mr. Moa—”
“I am listening!” Jason’s father stifles me.
“I need to go visit my friend! I promise I will explain it to you later… Mr. Moak,” I reply.
“I don’t care about your damn friend!” Jason’s father, Mr. Moak proclaims. “Explain the damn story this instance!
“I promise I’ll explain it later,” I respond as I run towards Starbucks. Mr. Moak attempts to catch up with me, but he is too old to run as fast as I can, and the reason Jason can’t run so fast must be because of his father.
It started raining about half way during my trip to Starbucks, but it didn’t start to get hard until I got into the store called Starbucks. It also started to thunder!
I looked around to see Jane, and I saw her sitting in a corner with a coffee cup in her hand. She looked like she just saw the Boogie Man, or something scary like that.
I sat next to Jane and greeted her by saying, “Hey, Jane, what’s up?”
“Nothing… Oh, and Josh, I’m actually leaving at 5:00 in the afternoon… today,” Jane announces.
Well, that is pretty bad, but it didn’t make that much of a difference, but I loved Jane and I wanted to spend every second I had with her, so it did make a big difference to me.
“Oh, really?” I say silently. “That’s too bad… Let’s make the best of this day.”
“Yeah… let’s…” Jane says quietly.
What do guys usually do with girls? I don’t want to see a movie again; I want to do something we can do together. Yeah, sure we can talk about the movie afterwards, but we are not associating with each other in any kind of way, and I don’t want the last hours of my life with Jane to be spent in some dark room with a moving picture, although I still enjoy movies… Okay, maybe I do not hate everything, but you get what I mean.
Jane started to shake her glass. I don’t know why she was shaking her glass, but my guess was because of the violent star outside. The roads looked crucial, but we could still do things outside. Okay, maybe not.
“Well, where do you think we should go first?” I question Jane.
“Let’s wait for David first,” Jane responds.
What!? David!? Jane, please, not David. Not on the last day I’ll ever see you again. Please tell me that brick is NOT spending the rest of the day with you and me. David can’t even enjoy anything fun! He hates like, almost everything that is fun. Oh, I am sorry, allow me to correct myself; he hates everything that is fun. He is so boring! Why would anyone fall in love with him!? All he does is red books and prance around like a fag.
Of course I am not going to say my perspective on David out loud, because Jane might get upset and leave me. But I guess I will make some sort of comment on this. “Oh,” I say. “Errr… Did you guys ki-ki-ki-kiss?”
Jane stops shaking her glass and answers me. “Of course we haven’t silly… Not yet.”

Not yet? Not yet? Not yet!? What the heck is that supposed to mean, Jane? Do you plan on kissing this numbskull? I would rather have you kiss Alex instead of him! At least I won’t feel bad if you kiss a popular jock rather than a loser that is geekier than me. Okay, I admit at the beginning of this book that you are reading right now I said that I was an even bigger loser than David, but I am not anymore. Even Alex doesn’t hate me anymore, and I have made some… I guess I wouldn’t say that statement by saying friends, but something similar to it, but not all the way. Would cronies work? I don’t know. I am wasting my time by talking to myself in my head right now. It is already almost 7:30 in the afternoon.
I saw a hand push open the Starbuck’s door and walk in. It was David of course. I saw him reading some book about some elves trying to destroy some dwarves mine, but I could not identify the book’s name because David kept shifting the book around, but I knew the title was too long for its own good. In fact, it was the longest title I have ever seen in my entire life! And it beats the rest of the books by landslide!
David sat to the left of the circular table. Jane and I were across from each other, though, so it is not like he could place himself directly across from Jane even if he wanted to, but I don’t think he would.
“Oh, hey, David,” Jane greets David with a kiss on the lips.
Yes, I just said it; Jane just kissed David, the biggest loser you’ll ever meet, on the lips… Wow… What is this world coming to? I am at least reasonable. The only thing that I ever thought would kiss David was his books, but that seemed highly unlikely, mostly because books don’t have mouths and they are not real, so that kind of eliminates everything, but I just saw it. He also acted as if he didn’t enjoy it all. He acted as if nothing happened. He didn’t even care if Jane Dalk kissed him or not! David just kissed Jane Dalk before me. I don’t even know David’s last name!
“Hey, David, what is your last name?” I ask David.
“Glammington,” David replies.
Okay; David Glammington, the biggest loser in the world, just kissed Jane Dalk, the coolest, hottest, most athletic, and nicest girl in the world. Well, she might not be the most athletic, but I have seen her play Volleyball, and I can tell that she is very good. She also has several other extravagant traits, but I don’t think it would sound as good if I said “etcetera” at the end of the list, so that is why I did not say that specific word at the end of my sentence.
“Hey, I got an idea. How about we all go bowling?” Jane suggests.
“Yeah, that seems nice,” I respond.
David just peers deeper into his book like there is some object that he wishes to remove in it.
So all three of us walk down to the bowling alley, even though I haven’t played bowling in years and I find it rather tedious and repetitive after the first thirty seconds of the game… maybe even sooner than that.
I paid for all three of us, even David, but only Jane said thank you of course. I did not even know if David was still on Earth anymore. What is so interesting about that book, David?
We were all going to select our bowling balls now, but I could not decide which one to take. Hmmm… Maybe I should take a twelve pound ball? I grasped the bowling ball in my hand to feel if I was comfortable with it, and I was. Oh yeah, I am so good; I didn’t even have to switch to a different bowling ball. I got the right bowling ball on the first try.
I saw Jane take a twelve pound bowling ball, but then she put it down and grabbed a ten pound bowling ball.
I knew Jane was not as strong as me, and the main reason was probably because she was a girl. Jane and I could probably go about four pounds up for the bowling balls, but I always liked to make my bowling balls to go faster when I use to play the game called “bowling.”
David was still reading his book! I just wanted to punch him to death and end his misery, but he didn’t stop reading the book. I was surprised he didn’t have glasses yet. Maybe he had contacts, though. I did not know, and to be honest, I did not really care either.
“David, pick a bowling ball!” Jane screams because she is near the bathroom door.
Maybe I should go spy on Jane to see what is behind those clothes… Ha, ha, just kidding. I hope you guys did not actually believe what I said.
Jane walked into the bathroom and I felt this was a perfect time to get rid of David somehow, but I didn’t know how to. “Hey,” I say to David. David does not look up at me; he just continues to read his book. “There is a Star Trek Convention five blocks away from here! It starts at 8:00 in the afternoon, so you could still catch it if you went now!”
David gave me a cold look and I remembered that not all nerds liked Star Trek. I guess it was just one of those things people used in movies to criticize nerds in general.
I thought of saying that there is an Elf Village Convention, but I knew he would catch on. Oh, and by the way, there is something in his book about an Elf Village because it mentions the town, city, country, or village “Elf Village” like, six times in the title of the story.
Jane eventually came out of the bathroom after about ten minutes and I was wondering what she was doing in there… Does it seriously take that long to masturbate? No wonder people don’t do it all the time. I’m just kidding you, Jane, I love you so much!
“Alright,” Jane begins her statement as she types in our names for the bowling game. “Who wants to go first?”
“Me!” a familiar voice shouts.
As the person came closer into the distance, I could see that it was Roy. Roy, you are not a bad person, but I wish you would depart now because Jane might feel uncomfortable kissing me in front of a normal human being, so she might not do it if she even plans on doing it.
Of course I am going to act as if I am jaunty to see him, so I yell Roy’s name in a long, extended, deep voice. I do not believe I have never pronounced the vowel “o” that long before.
Roy gives me a high-five and sits down like he is welcome. “Let’s go!”
Roy, since when did you think you could play with us? Go away… now.
Roy takes a twenty pound bowling ball-he can’t obviously carry such a heavy bowling ball, though-from the rack that is displayed in the room, but then he drops it and it lands on…

Chapter 19: Am I Too Late?

…me. The bowling ball just landed on me several hours ago… Roy dropped the twenty pound bowling ball on my head… If it was any heavier, I believe that it would kill me.
Yes, I know exactly where I am right now, and I do not like it. I am in a hospital right now with a bunch of shiny lights over me for some reason, and the only people that are there are my mother, my father, and Roy. Where the heck could Jane possibly be? I hope she didn’t begin the bowling game without me… I wanted to kick David’s ass in that bowling game to show Jane that she and I were meant to be together… forever.
I tilt my body upward in the bed that I am lying in right now and ask Roy a question. “Roy, where is Jane?”
“She left,” Roy answers. “She left about only a minute ago. She had to get ready to move to her new home, Florida. She is gone now, Josh.”
Wow, Roy. You are such a… dick! What the heck is wrong with you!? That was my only chance to receive my first kiss from Jane, and now that can never happen because of you! Asshole, I want to rip your fucking head off!
Tears begin to form in my eyes and I try to hide them away from my parents and Roy, but then my parents are smart enough to leave Roy and me alone. They open the door, twist the knob, open the door, and depart from the room.
“Roy, is there any last words she wanted to tell me!?” I question Roy eagerly.
“Yeah,” Roy answers.
This is really it. Will Jane Dalk reveal if she loves me or not? Did she kiss me while I was uncautious? Does she like me more than she likes David? I am asking myself all these questions because Roy has not chosen to go on with his statement yet.
“Okay, I’ll tell you what she said,” Roy begins. “She said that she thought of you as one of her best friends, and she promised she would never forget you, and she said he hoped that you would never forget her.” Roy took a deep breath and then went on. “She also did something while you were uncautious…”
Oh yeah! I totally called it… But I bet she didn’t; she probably just bitch-slapped me or something like that.
Roy goes on with his statement. “While you were uncautious, she gave you the best thing anyone could ever give…”
…A blowjob? Did she suck my dick while I was uncautious? Because that is the best thing anyone could ever give someone else in my opinion, but it is not my favorite thing of course. No, I am not into sexual acts like that. I was referring to people in general of course.
“She gave you a locket,” Roy admits.
I look around my neck to see a locket with a heart on it. Does this mean she loved me? Well, I figure that out later.
I knew that the locket would open. So I opened the locket to see a picture of Jane and me dancing. I knew that was probably the only picture she had of me, though. We only had recently become friends, and we never took pictures together. But I wondered who took that picture… I guess I should thank the person who took the picture.
“Roy,” I say. “Did she say anything else?
“No,” Roy proclaims. “No, she didn’t. She just left for the airport, the moving van, her house, or something else like that when you finally woke up. Right when you woke up, she had just left… It was the best timing I have ever seen actually. Kind of ironic, isn’t it?”
No, Roy, it isn’t! I have been waiting for almost thirteen years to tell Jane Dalk how much I truly care about her, but I guess I will never find that out because of you! I want to strangle you so much right now! I just want to die right now, to be quite honest. I am so mad…
“S-so I-I-I…” I could not finish saying the rest of my statement because I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. Oh, man, the tears were coming. Please not in front of Roy! I don’t really know Roy all that much, but I still do not want to cry in front of him!
My head suddenly hurts and I start screaming. Roy tries to calm me down, but I came kicking, punching, slapping, and fighting him with almost every part of my body like I am having a seizure! I hear him call a doctor or nurse in the room for help with me, and then I see dark foam bubbles form in my mind…

Chapter 20: My Conclusion On Life

Jane is gone. There is nothing I can do about that. I wish I could try to convince the parent whoever made this decision to not leave, but it is their decision, and I cannot convince them to come back to Illinois after they have only lived in Florida for only four days. (Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday. Yeah, that is four days. It is five actually, but four full days… if you know what I mean.)
Yes, I am better. It is 8:45 in the morning, though. Oh, and it is also Monday. I had to stay in the hospital for quite awhile. It was only a minor bump on the head; I didn’t see what the big deal was, but doctors like to keep you in there for longer than you should actually be there, but I guess there is nothing I can do about that. It is really their decision, to be honest. They almost never let patients depart when they want, even though it is the patient’s money that is being spent.
There are so many more things I could talk about between all the events that happened, and especially that damn Scary Story Competition that I spent six hours and thirty minutes on, but I’ll just share my thoughts on people and other things that don’t relate that much to the events that have happened in this story.
I know I won’t know if someone really loves for me for quite awhile, but do you? You cared enough about me to read one hundred three pages and twenty chapters about me, so I am guessing you do, right? But then again, you might have just received this book, and you flipped to the last chapter to spoil all the fun of reading, or you could just be reading this book for school, and you actually hate this book, but you are only reading this book because your teacher is forcing you to.
If you actually did read this book, then I thank you for listening me to complain for such a long time. I can’t I was the biggest loser in the world twenty-four days, but I managed to get some… cronies… I consider Paul Smike, Jane Dalk, Alyssa Clance (Yes, that is Alyssa’s last name), and Roy Crissing (Yes, that is Roy’s last name.) to be my friend’s, I suppose. Maybe not so much of Roy, though… or Alyssa… Okay, that leaves me at two… Jane left… Paul doesn’t even go to our school anymore, and I barely ever hang out with him… That leaves me at one, but the point is that people learned to actually like me, even if I was negative for… thirteen years. Mark Dunningford (Yes, that is Mark’s last name.) is just too mean to me to be considered my friend. I might’ve said that I hated Mark twenty-four days ago, but I have learned to love more than hate now… I guess Jane Dalk was the one who really did it, though. I feel a little bad that she broke up with Alex now that I have seen Alex’s positive side, but I am also happy that she actually hung around a loser like me. One of the most popular girls in the school hung around with one of the biggest losers in school. Wow, that is amazing.
I’ll never forget Jane. I don’t want to. I can’t. I would never forget the reason I breathed for almost thirteen years. She was something special to me, and I never even got to her that… Oh, I wish I could go back in time and tell her long ago, but I can’t… I waited too long.
Now, I know that not everyone hates me anymore, but don’t think this is some amazingly happy ending where everyone loves me to death. No, school is still school, people are still people, hatred and love are still hatred and love, and life is still life… I will still have to do all the things I don’t want to, and I will still get beat up by popular jocks once in awhile; they just won’t beat me up as much as they used to. Mrs. Batella will still roar at me like a vicious beast when I get a wrong answer to her question, and I’ll still be hating people more than loving people. I guess I won’t hate people as much anymore, but there are some many mixed emotions in my mind right now, and most of them revolve around Alex Tronce (Yes, that is Alex’s last name), David Glammington, and Jane Dalk.
Throughout this whole story, you probably noticed that Alex was a popular jock, but he never really beat me up, right? He didn’t make fun of me that often either, right? I guess he always pretended to hate me because he actually revealed that to me this morning in school. Yes, I am currently in school right now. If you remembered, I told you that our starts at 8:45 in the morning, and it is kind of obvious that we have school on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
I glanced over at David to see what he was doing and he was still just reading a book. He didn’t look depressed at all after knowing that Jane already left. But the one thing that I probably will never understand is this: Why did Jane like David anyways? I mean, she even kissed him. If that isn’t love, then I don’t know what is… unless Jane is a slut, but she isn’t of course. I wish David would reveal some emotion within his body about Jane leaving, but he doesn’t.
I see Roy start to walk towards my desk, and I know that he is going to say something about Jane, and he does of course. “Hey, man, are you alright? Are you still depressed about Jane leaving?” Roy pats my back.
I sniffle because I am about to cry, and I can cry at any moment by the way I’m going. I want to hug someone, but Roy is a guy and I am not gay. “I’m fine,” I manage to answer Roy as I wipe away a tear from my eye.
“Well, if you ever need to express your feelings, you are always welcomed to express your feelings to me… You may not believe it, but I am actually a sensitive guy inside,” Roy admits. “I can sometimes act differently on the outside, though.”
I look at him and do something I haven’t done since November 1, 2006; smile. Oh, wait, did I smile on the last day with Jane? I don’t remember, but that isn’t the point. I look up at Roy and comment on his recent statement. “We all do, Roy. We all do.” I don’t know why, but that sounded extremely corny and cheesy to me.
Roy pats my back one more time and then informs me about something. “Okay, well, just remember, I am in the back of the classroom. If you need anything from me, don’t hesitate to holler, okay?”
I nod and wide away a tear, and then Roy walks back to his desk.
I turn to look at Star and Alyssa talking, but I can hear them laughing, and I instantly know that they are well over Jane leaving… Why do I feel like I am the only one that cares? I didn’t expect that many people to care about Jason’s death… Well, I actually thought tons of people would care about Jason’s death, and I thought that no one would get over it, but Jason died and everyone just seemed to forget about him. I may have not liked him, but I could not lie to myself and say I thought everyone hated him. That made me really depressed. Two people from our classroom had vanished and nobody paid attention… The only one that really understands me is Paul, but Roy does claim he can understand people, but I don’t know if I would believe that.
Well, my conclusion of life from the beginning of the story stated that I hated life, and I also said if Jane would somehow vanish from my life, I would commit suicide, but I am still here… Maybe I don’t hate life anymore; maybe I found some people that I truly love. Maybe, just maybe, though. Nothing will ever be the same without Jane, and I know that. She was an important part to my life, but now she has just decided to take off on such a short notice… Why Florida, though? You could have stayed in Illinois and just moved to a different town and went to a different school, but you chose to go away and to never return.
Yeah, maybe God could’ve made Jane stay in Illinois by using his magical powers, but at least he made Jane notice me, and maybe even like me… but she still liked David more. Oh well, second isn’t bad.
I also told you that from the beginning of the story that I could never answer whether or not I loved God, but I can now finally say that I do love God, and I am glad he is my God.
Sure I never told Jane that I truly loved her, but I said it in my heart all the time, and I think she could tell that I loved her, but words mean so much to a person.
I know no one will hear this, and I know that it won’t make any difference in the world, but I have to say this out loud for once. “I love you, Jane Dalk.” No one would ever hear those words I just said, but I am happy I finally said them. I have never admitted that I loved someone (besides myself) or said out loud that I loved someone, but I finally did after thirteen years, and let me tell you, it felt good! Jane Dalk, you will be forever concealed in my heart, and I want to dedicate my life to you, Jane, because you are the only reason I am still here, Jane… It’s because of you…
I guess life is still the same, but the only difference is that I look at things from a positive perspective, rather than a negative perspective, and that made all the difference…

Chapter 21: I Never Thought I Would See You Again

So you came back to read me complain about my life even more than I did before? I’m just joshing you; I am glad you are back, and I am not as depressed as I was in October, but I am still so sad about Jane moving.
How many words have I said to you, Jane? Barely even one thousand words, and one thousand words is not a lot of words… Oh, Jane, how is it possible that I think about you all the time, but I never talk to you? I wish you would depart from Florida and come back to Illinois. It is so much better here… You just need to trust me on this one.
Jane, you are the love of my life, but you haven’t answered any of my letters, phone calls, instant messages, or emails. It is May 30, 2007 now, and I have not talked to you since November 1, 2006… That is a long time. That is almost seventh months. That is such a long time.
I wish you knew how much I cared about you, but you are probably dating someone in Florida right now; you have probably forgotten all about me, but I haven’t forgotten about you, Jane Dalk. No one could ever forget someone as beautiful as you, even if they tried to, they still couldn’t, and I know I can’t spend another second away from you.
When does your school get off anyways? Our school gets out tomorrow, which is obviously May 31, 2007, and I know exactly what I am going to do during my whole summer, or at least most of it; visit you. Yes, Jane Dalk, my parents said that I could invite three of my friends to visit any part of the world I wanted to, and I chose Florida because you lived there. I know you live in Orlando, so that is where we are going. I know I might not see you there, but it is worth wasting a trip just to attempt to see your gorgeous face again.
By the way, they three people I decided to take up were Paul Smike, Alyssa Clance, and Roy Crissing. Yup, I didn’t take my X best friend, Mark Dunningford, because I hate him so much now. I know I said I cannot hate anyone at the end of the last book, but I wanted to make a good ending, and I become a little bit more depressed after awhile.
Life is okay, but it is once again boring because there is nothing exciting at all happening! At least the popular jocks don’t beat me up anymore at all, and at least I am the biggest loser in school anymore. I am actually just an average kid now, and the popular jocks have learned to split apart from each other and learn to meet new people. Pretty sweet, huh?
I am not on a street with my lip cut open because an idiot like Mark Dunningford hit me with a pipe to try to impress eighth graders; no, I am actually in my bed. It is late at night and I am getting very tired. I should get to bed soon.
So what brought you back here? Did you want me to finally see Jane again? Don’t get your hopes up if you actually care about me; I may never seen Jane Dalk again, but I am going to stay positive and hope to God that I will see her again.
Mrs. Batella is doing pretty well; I don’t hate her as much as I use to. I have learned to accept her after I finally realized that she was actually a nice later with just a quick temper, but she gives us too much homework! But I know I would be saying that if I was at any other hellhole-I mean school; it is just a typical thirteen year old attitude.
Oh, I have something interesting to tell you! Well, actually, it is not interesting, but we got an addition to our school! Yay! Whoopee! I actually don’t give a crap since I will be graduating from this school in a year, but I guess it has some benefits. Hmmm… I wonder which eighth grade teacher I’ll get… You’ll just have to wait a little longer while if you want to figure that out because this story is based on… Summer Vacation with me in Florida!
But what if I don’t see Jane Dalk? What if I never see her again? Oh, how I wish to just talk to her once more, to see her once more, to smell her once more, to taste her once more (I am not a pervert!), to feel her once more, to do my sixth sense to her.
Hey, maybe if I am lucky, she might even kiss me! But she probably won’t; at least I won’t have to worry about David Glammington appealing to Jane Dalk, and Alex Tronce hitting on Jane Dalk.
At least she hasn’t kissed Alex yet, but she did kiss David and there is nothing special about him. He is just into books and other boring stuff like that, whereas Alex can actually be interesting at times, but he is no one I would love to spend my life with. He was such a jerk to me since I met him! And that was about eight years ago, in kindergarten! I like him more than Mark, though. I mean, I guess Alex would be my fourth chose to take on a trip to Florida… I don’t really have that many friends, but I am perfectly fine with the few friends I have.
I wonder what Jane is doing right now. I wonder if she is enjoying my Christmas present I got her. It was a stupid gift, I know she hated it. The Christmas present I got her was just a stupid romance novel, but I didn’t know what else to get her… I know what she likes, but she basically has everything she likes, so what could I get her? A baby? Ha, ha, yeah right!
I wear the friend locket that is shaped like a heart around my neck all the time, but I could not find it today! I don’t know when I took it off and I want to have it with me when I visit her so she remembers all the good times we spent together in Illinois, her old home.
I stepped out of my bed and I went near my desk. I thought I say it on the desk, but it was just actually some dream-catcher. I never even knew I had one of those! I moved my hand around the desk to feel for it, but then I knocked over my lamp and it hit my foot, causing me to scream a swear word that is so bad that I will refuse to mention it in this book.
Maybe I left it at school! We only have one day left there, though, so I better look real hard for it, or else I might lose one of the most important things to me… I know to most people it means nothing, but it is the only thing I have left of Jane. It is the only thing she ever gave me, and I didn’t even get to see her give it to me. I don’t hate Roy for ruining my last chance to tell Jane my true feelings about her; it was an accident waiting to happen… I mean, maybe God made Roy go to the bowling alley and have him drop a twenty pound bowling ball on me to stop me from doing something terrible stupid in front of Jane… But I honestly can’t think of doing anything that bad, well, maybe passing gas, but that isn’t that bad, considering every living thing besides plants and Chuck Norris does it, so this is probably not the reason… There is no reason; people say everything happens for a reason, but does it have to happen for a good reason? Because in my opinion, this happening was an unfortunate event that should’ve never occurred! Oh well, I can’t change the past, so I am just going to have to cope with it, and try to explain things to Jane in Florida… if I even see her there.
I am still searching around my room just incase it is in there, but it would probably be a good idea if I turned on a light or something because I cannot see a thing I am touching! I could be touching a naked one hundred year old man right now and not even know it! No, I am just kidding; I can feel things very well. What I mean is that I can feel a pen and pencil and define which one is which by just feeling it… Maybe that was a bad example, but you get what I mean, right?
Well, it is best that I go to bed, but I cannot stop thinking about all the events that are about to occur, like the one tomorrow. You see, every year on the last day of school, the school throws a huge party for the whole school to participate in obviously, and they usually have some celebrity come in. Tom Cruise came in last year, but he sort of freaked me out with all his Scientology beliefs, but he is still a good actor, and I guess he isn’t necessarily a bad person; he is just a little out there, which is totally find with me. If I believed what Tom Cruise believe, I might find some so called savoir of God that claims he walks on water a phony, so yeah…
Sorry about getting off topic again; I tend to do that a lot because there are so many mixed emotions that I have that I must reveal to someone, and you are the only person I can tell. Yes, you. No one else will listen to me… Roy claims that he actually is a sensitive person like me, but I know he will never understand my true emotions, so I need you to help me out. You might be wondering how you can do that, but it is simple really; all you have to do is listen to me tell about my trip to Florida, and several other events before it.
Thank you for listening to me… I knew you would come back to me eventually.

Chapter 22: The Last Day Of Seventh Grade

The party this year is the worst last day of school party our school has ever thrown! And it is right when I actually begin to take pleasure into things. Dang it!
Oh yeah! And the amazing celebrity is… nobody! Yup, I didn’t capitalize his name or add a last name because there is nobody. But the most likely reason is because our school has been adding new parts to it lately, so I am assuming that they can’t waste that much money on events that are just for “fun.” Oh well, it is the last day of seventh grade; I should cheer up. This is also the second last year I’ll ever be here again! Yay! I can’t wait for me to be the leader of the school… Oh, wait a minute, yes I can!
“Hey, Josh,” Roy said as he came over and gave me a big pat on the back.
Yes, unlike the last story, I am going to talk in the past, so instead of saying things like “says,” “replies,” and “exclaims,” I’ll say things like “said,” “replied,” and “exclaimed.”
“Hey,” I greeted Roy. I shifted my body towards him so he knew I was listening to him. “So… how are you?”
“Good, good, I can’t complain,” Roy informed me. “I’m just really excited for the big trip!”
I can’t believe I would forget one of the biggest days of my life! Jane… is there anyway to forget about a person like her?
“Hey, Josh, I like Florida and all, but is there any specific reason why you chose it? Is just for Disney World?” Roy questioned me.
“Ummm…” I began to think long and hard about how to answer this question. “No reason at all.”
Roy grins and I know he knows why I picked that specific location. “Right…” He stretched the sound of the “i” to make himself sound sarcastic.
I popped a balloon next to me and got some more punch like an alcoholic would get more beer. I sipped so much punch down into my stomach at once that I thought I might vomit right on Roy... and his new shoes.
“Josh,” Roy said, ignoring my pale face. “Do you think we’ll go to Blizzard Beach or something like that? Magic Kingdom? Epcot?”
I looked at his face to see if he looked very curious or he was just wondering, but it looked like he was really excited about the whole trip, and I was as well. I didn’t know how to respond to his question, so I just answered, “Sure, we will.”
“You promise?” Roy asked like an eager, spoiled six year old boy.
I nodded, but I didn’t say anything because I really did feel sick. I didn’t get sick that often, and I hoped I would not be sick on the first day at Florida. Oh, man, that would be just downright horrible!
I saw Roy depart from me and begin to talk to a bunch of eighth grade girls like he actually had a chance with him. Oh well, he’ll learn on his own I suppose, but he must be making a fool of himself, or he is just really that funny to cause a bunch of fourteen year old girls laugh.
“Josh, are you planning on visiting Jane up in Florida? Huh? Huh? Huh? Are you!? Come on, tell me!” Alyssa wondered eagerly.
“You sounded like a little eight year old girl,” I responded. I grinned to show her it was a joke because she looked a little upset. “Yeah, that is my whole plan to tell you the truth, but don’t tell Paul.”
“Why not? What is so bad about telling him? He is your friend, right?” Alyssa questioned me, but I wasn’t sure if she actually meant that statement to come out as an actual question, but I decided to answer it anyways.
“Yeah, of course he is my friend, but I think he might try to convince me that you shouldn’t care about someone that much because they will break your heart in the end and you’ll just become a recluse in the end,” I answered Alyssa, but those words that I assumed Paul would say seemed more like something I would say, but I cannot deny this feeling any longer! Jane, here I come!
“Well, I support your decision, Josh,” Alyssa proclaimed. And since she had nothing left to say, she gave me a little friendly kiss-peck on the cheek, and left to talk to Alex Tronce and some of his friends.
I forgot all about the locket with a heart on it that Jane gave me! I better run up to my locker and check if it is there, or else I might not be able to show her that I have it! And if she thinks that I didn’t keep something like that, she might think that I am “just like all the other boys.”
I started to dash up the long staircase that was at the end of the party hall, but Mrs. Batella stopped me. Mrs. Batella, please move out of the way! You are about to ruin my entire love life, and my life as we know it. But Mrs. Batella did not move, she just simply looked at me with a straight face, and I knew this could not be good.
“Josh,” Mrs. Batella began with a soft voice. “What in the hell were you thinking? If there was a fire drill, then no one would know where you went, and everyone would be worried sick about you, and then everyone might think you died because you think you are so cool that you have to stroll off along the hallways to our school in some unma—”
Yes, I know Mrs. Batella is going on with her crappy explanation about school safety, but I don’t really give a crap because she is ruining my life right now, so why should I listen? She is not telling me anything new, and I really don’t care about what she has to say.
“…Josh, are you listening to me?” Mrs. Batella questioned me very seriously.
“Yes’m,” I answered, realizing that I said one of those south side phrases. I put my hands on my lips for some reason, but then I realized that I looked like an idiot.
“So do you realize why you cannot wonder around the school without informing anyone now?” Mrs. Batella asked me, bending down to reach my height.
“Uhhh… Yeah, sure,” I replied, but that respond sounded pathetic even to me!
Mrs. Batella pointed at something, but I was a little bit perplexed at what she meant, and since I didn’t move a muscle, she shouted, “Go!”
I then realized that Mrs. Batella meant for me to go back to the party by pointing at the staircase, but that seemed completely bizarre to me. I shrugged and then I realized that Mrs. Batella was bizarre to me, so it kind of worked out.
I wasn’t sure whether or not to be happy about having a new teacher next year. I know every student says they hate their teacher, but this new eighth grade teacher could be even worse! I don’t even think I know her name…
The principal hit a spoon at glass of water, and I think it actually broke, but I wasn’t sure. I knew what this meant; she was going to announce some boring speech that no one cared about. Just because everyone has stopped talking, and everyone’s focus is on you, doesn’t mean that they actually give a crap about what you are about to say my dear, dear principal, Mrs. Junt… But I guess you aren’t as bad as some principals.
Once the speech was over, the school year was over. I realized that all those pointless stalls were just for her trying to finish her speech at exactly 3:30 in the afternoon, but that was dumb because her speech was thirty minutes long! And all she basically did was tell stories about her childhood. She told us stories about how she always got good grades, and she wore all of these nice things that would not matter in thirty years, and I felt like shoving a pen down her throat. I cannot stand people like that! They are just so irking!
But as I looked in my locker to find the heart lock that Jane gave me, I realized that this was the last time I would ever see my locker… in three months. I took the heart locket, wore it around my neck, I put all my belongings in my backpack, and I headed outside for the first breath of the most amazing thing in the world; Summer.

Chapter 23: The Flight To Florida

After a bunch of parties to celebrate the last day of school, it was finally June 1, 2007, which meant that today was the first day without school for three, long months! I could hardly wait to jump on that plane and see Jane again, but first I needed to round up Paul, Alyssa, and Roy together so we could get ready to depart to Florida.
“Mom!” I cried.
“What is it, sweetie?” my mother questioned me in a nice tone.
“Are we going to go to the airport soon?” I asked very eagerly.
“Yeah, but first we need to pick up Roy, Paul, and that nice, little girl that you like,” my mother responded.
Mom, first of all, the “nice, little girl that I like” is Alyssa. Second of all, I do not like her; I have a certain passion for Jane, but I am obviously not going to reveal that to you. And third of all, she is a damn slut! Please pardon my language, but she really is.
“Alright… Well, can we pick them up?” I questioned my mother.
“It’s a little early, but I’ll go get your father so we can finally leave,” my mother replied.
I was so excited that I forgot to respond to her, but then I managed a loud “Okay!”
Once my father, my mother, and I were ready, we went around the town to pick up Alyssa, Paul, and Roy, and then we headed toward the airport.
“Hey, guys,” I greeted them.
“Hey,” all three of them replied in unison.
“So what did you think of that cool party on the last day of school?” I asked.
“Uhhh… Well, that eighth grade boy in the blue shirt was really hot,” Alyssa responded.
I winced and looked at Alyssa for a second, and then I said, “I meant what did you think of the party…”
“Oh!” Alyssa exclaimed. “Yeah, it was fun, but it was mostly because that eight grade boy in the blue shirt massaged my delightful boo—”
“Shhh!” I whispered a shout towards Alyssa. “You do realize that my parents are in the front seat, right?”
“I told my parents about it,” Alyssa admitted.
“That explained a lot…” I replied.
“Guys, do you want to talk about something more conventional? Like the Nintendo Wii… It’s supposed to come out the fourth quarter of 2007,” Paul said.
“That’s a nice… name,” Roy proclaimed with a grin on his face.
“Uhhh… How about we just turn on some music,” I suggested. “What do you guys like?”
“Blowjobs,” Roy informed me.
“That’s great, Roy… I meant what music do you like? I say we turn on some Blink 182!” I exclaimed.
“Nah, put on Good To Know If I Ever Need Attention All I Have To Do Is Kill Myself by Brand New,” Paul suggested. “It’s a great sound.”
“…With a long name,” Roy added.
“Yeah, but Panic! At The Disco’s songs names are all and always long,” Paul proclaimed. “And they aren’t even that good to be honest.”
“Okay, whatever!” Alyssa yelled. “Just put on some…” Alyssa was about to say “damn,” but then she looked at my parents and me, and decided to say something else. “…dang music, and let’s listen to it!”
“Good idea,” I responded. I went up to the front of the car and put a CD in. It was a CD called “Where You Want To Be” by “Taking Back Sunday.” We listened to this one song called “Bonus Mosh, Part II,” and it truly touched my heart. It was a song about love, and then a thought of Jane appeared in my mind, but then I had to get that thought out of my mind because we arrived at the airport.
“Come on, guys,” my father said. “Get out.”
We all walked out of the car and carried are heavy bags inside the airport. I haven’t been on a vacation in such a long time that I forgot how long it takes to get ready for all this extra crap, like putting your bags in that thing… Oh well, at least we don’t have to carry them, but it became very boring after a police officers randomly checked my clothing and the other stuff with me for some kind of bomb. I’m thirteen years old for crying out loud! Well, it is always the person you least expect, so I guess it’s okay, but it doesn’t change the fact that it was very vexing.
We finally stepped on the plane after over an hour of waiting. I thought I wasn’t going to make it, but I knew it was worth the wait.
The plane was mostly like other planes, but I swear this plane must contain the crappiest toilet in the world; I can barely even fit in there! Luckily I have two kidneys, or else I would be in big trouble.
After fifteen minutes of waiting on the plane, Roy nudged me and questioned, “When are we going to depart? We have been on this plane for quite awhile now!”
“Dude, don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll leave soon,” I guessed. “In the meantime, do you want some more peanuts?”
“No, I do not want anymore peanuts! Jesus Christ, is there any other food on this damn plane!?” Roy roared, and what made him look like more of an idiot than he already was, was standing up, expecting for other people to revolt with him like it was some big deal.
“Roy, sit down!” I whispered in a loud voice as I dragged Roy back to his seat. “Don’t worry, they usually show movies and stuff on planes, don’t they?
Roy shrugged, and I looked at Paul and Alyssa, but Paul was asleep, and Alyssa was reading some pornographic magazine with a cover of something that is better left unsaid.
Everyone heard a loud, clicking noise, and then a voice emanated from all the speakers in the plane. “Hello, this is your captain, Dick, speaking, and we’ll be flying to Florida today. If you want a beverage, please ask our people that help other human beings, and if you don’t know how to put on a seatbelt, then I guess you should watch the man that is in the front isle because he will supposedly show you how to put on a seatbelt. I am assuming you all know how to put on a seatbelt, but the other planes haven’t departed for their destination yet, so we should make the best of this time. Please sit back, chillax, and enjoy your trip to Dis-I mean Florida. Thank you.”
I am guessing that this is a new captain because everything he just said sounded pathetic, and I have a strong feeling he just said his name was Dick for a joke, but I am uncertain. His voice also seemed like it belonged to a punk teenager, hence the word “chillax.”
“You mean… there’s nothing but peanuts!?” Roy screamed, outraged. “You have got to be kidding me! I’ve been on flights on planes plenty of times, and they always have some kind of other food, and drinks!”
“Calm down, sir,” one of the waiters commanded Roy. “There’s people dieing in Africa, and you’re worried about not getting anything but peanuts? That is very unthou—”
I probably could tell you the rest of that conversation if I actually cared, but I can’t stand when people try to make other people feel bad because there are people in third world countries not having any food because they do not work. Well, I guess it is not entirely their fault, considering I cannot make anything that convenient, but I hate when they make things like wooden bells that say, “Just like a wooden bell, no one listens to the cry of the poor.” Cheer up, emos, we have problems as well, and we send tons of food to you, so you should just shut up! We’re doing the best we can. I guess I am ungrateful for saying something like that, but I don’t care; I can’t stand when people compare other people to people that live in third world countries.
“Josh,” Roy called my name after the waiter stopped explaining how ungrateful he was. I turned and faced him, and then he went on. “How long is this flight? I really need to go to the bathroom, but this place is just… disgusting.”
“I believe it will take about three hours to get there,” I proclaimed.
“Three hours? Might as well kill me now. Nah, I appreciate this Josh, and I at least we don’t have to drive twenty-four hours to reach Florida. That would be Hell on ice!” Roy exclaimed.
That was a horrible phrase for a situation like this, and Roy is very impatient.
Without responding to Roy’s statement, I looked down at my heat that is locket and whispered to myself, “Jane, here I come!”
“What did you say?” Roy dared to ask me.
“Huh? Nothing…” I responded.
I could see Roy peering at me like I was hiding some big secret, but I really wasn’t.
“How much does Jane really mean to you?” Roy questioned me.
Roy, I would love to tell you how much Jane really means to me, but I know you would not understand. There are no words that can simply describe my feelings towards Jane, so I suppose the best thing I can say is that I love her.
“Josh!” Roy barked.
“I just… really like her, and she is a really great girl and all. I just wish she did not have to move… You know what I mean? Well, you probably don’t know what I mean…” I informed Roy.
“Oh, I can understand what you mean just fine. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I am going to go the gentlemen’s bathroom, although it is rather small, it is better than nothing. I was hoping I could hold it in, though,” Roy told me.
“Okay,” I responded.
Roy pushed against my legs to get through the aisle, and I saw him rush through the long pathway down to there. I guess he really had to go to the bathroom…
I took another long look at the locket that was in the shape of a heart, and I kept it close to my heart.

Chapter 24: I Guess Happiness Only Exists In Fairy Tales

This is not an opinion, this is true. I know it is true. Do you know why it is true? Because I did not see Jane the whole trip, and now I have come back to you to complain about my life some more.
It is June 15, 2007. It is Summer, but Summer doesn’t feel so great when you can’t even see the person you desire, so I stand on my bed, thinking and asking myself, “Why am I here again?” But I cannot find words to answer this question because there are no words that can answer this question.
“Why do fools fall in love!?” I roar at the top of my lungs while I threw a shoe at the wall.
I know that you hate me, Jane, but I love you, and as I sit here with a knife near my chest, I am thinking of you right now. I do not know why you hate me, but if you answered none of my transmissions, and never even bothered to visit me, then you must hate me, right?
I was built to be knocked down. I hope God got some enjoyment out of me thinking that I would actually see Jane again, and that I might actually have some reason to live in this world, but I do not…
I wonder what people would say about me, though. I hope they wouldn’t say something like, “Hey, you know that one kid that died yesterday?”
“No,” responds the other person.
“You know, that one kid who hated the whole world, that one kid who thought the world hated him, that one kid that never loved anything, that one kid who saw God as the Devil, that one kid who would sit at the end of the table at lunch, that one kid who would always sit by himself for any event, that one kid that no one would talk to, that one kid who never saw any good in life, that one kid who finally gave up on life. You know… that one kid.”
What would people think of me? I don’t care, I hate the world! Everything that is dear to me is ripped away from me in the cruelest way, so why should I even pretend to like life?
This has gone on for too long. I need to finally take care of this. I need to finally end it here.
I put the knife against my head and thought about all the horrible things that have happened in my life. I could deal with those things, but I could not deal with Jane Dalk just not being in my life anymore… She was something really special to me, but Roy, Paul, and Alyssa did not seem to care. They all enjoyed the trip a lot, but I could not enjoy the trip knowing that I would never see Jane again… And so I did not. And the worst part of it all was that I stopped enjoying life after the trip ended. I know I have only been back at my house for less than a day, but nothing it seems as though nothing matters to me anymore. I am as depressed as I was in October of 2006. No, that is incorrect; I am depressed even more than I was in October of 2006. Why must horrible things revolve around me? Why can’t God pick on someone else for a change? I am already blue as anyone can be, but God still chooses to have unfortunate events happen to me.
Why am I still talking to myself? Why not just end all my problems here? I would feel a lot better. Sure I would go to Hell, but who says you cannot make friends in Hell? God? Ha, ha! Like I would ever trust him again… But I won’t have to ever trust him again because I will be dead, and I will burn in eternal Hellfire, and I would never see… Jane again… That hurt me… I felt a sting in my body as those words emanated from my mind.
There is no more point in living. I give up. God made me strive for something for thirteen years old, and for a second I thought Jane actually liked me, but this world was just made to please God with his own sick pleasure, so I hope you had your fun, God.
I guess no one would ever see behind these hazel eyes… But I do not care. I do not like anyone. I hate everyone… But those words were untrue… I knew it.
I put the knife against my chest and decided just to not look down when I stabbed myself, but I could not do it… It was just too hard to do!
A sudden rage took over my body, and I asked myself all the same questions I asked myself at the beginning of this story.
Why am I here? What am I doing here? What is this place people call the “world?” Why can I only achieve the goals that I don’t want to achieve? Who created me? Why am I asking myself all these questions when I’ve known them for a long time?
But you see; I do not know them anymore. I used to know all the answers to these questions, but I do not anymore… There is not good reason for me not knowing them either…
Why am I still talking to myself!? I began to ask myself that question, but deep down inside, I already knew the answer. I did not really want to die; I just kept talking to myself to stall myself from killing myself.
I looked down at the knife again, and then I threw up a little in my mouth. Just looking at it put fear in my eyes… I could not do this, but I had to… I had to do it. I had to end my pain and misery now, or I would never do it.
I guess my room was the last room I would ever be in… I guess the last thing I would ever look at would be my blood… I guess the last word I would ever say would be “love…” I guess the last sentence I would ever say would be “Why do fools fall in love…” I guess the last person I would ever love would be Ja-Ja-Jane Dalk…
And then I started to think about Jane not being a part of my life anymore, and then gave me more courage to do what I really wanted to do. I took a long look at that sharp knife, and then I realized I could do it now… After I finally realized there was no point in life, I finally could kill myself, and so I brought the knife towards my chest…
And as I stabbed myself right in the chest, I realized that I made the biggest mistake ever, and this time I couldn’t learn from it, because by the time I finally did, I was already dead…

The End

sirmyk said:
Wow, that was extremely... long. How many pages/words? I noticed 24 chapters.

There were 188,510 words total, but I took some parts out if the limit was close. Like if I had 10,112 words, and the stupid thing would tell me to get rid of some of the words to make it 10,000 words, I would get rid of the unimportant parts.

I am also not finished with it yet. There were a lot of jumps, and I skipped some important parts. Like in Chapter 23, it was June 1, 2007, but then in Chapter 24, it was June 15, 2007. So yeah, I plan on making a couple of more chapters. I am planning on making a little more than forty (40) chapters, but I am uncertain as of now.

By the way, I have it in sixteen (16) font on my computer, and it is 142 pages on Microsoft Word, but I don't know how many it would be in twelve (12) font.

So, you pretty much just posted an epic novel? I think the word count is a little high. I might read through this if I have the time, but if it started at 188,000 words, it may take a month or so.

DeathScape said:
By the way, I have it in sixteen (16) font on my computer, and it is 142 pages on Microsoft Word, but I don't know how many it would be in twelve (12) font.
16? Good god. You may want to set the font size to 12.

sirmyk said:
So, you pretty much just posted an epic novel? I think the word count is a little high. I might read through this if I have the time, but if it started at 188,000 words, it may take a month or so.

I took out some parts, so it might only be about 180,000 words now.

I would really appreciate it if you read the story. I want to know if my work is actually good or not, because if I show my friends, I don't want to look like an idiot if it is crap, but I probably won't show it to my friends because of what it is about.

Oh yeah, the beginning is really outlandish, but I really do believe in God and stuff.

By the way, do you know how I can change all of one word throughout the whole story in Microsoft Word? You see, I want to change someone's name, like Paul, to Zihark or something because I have a friend in real life named Paul, and I don't want him to think the character is based off him. So you wouldn't happen to know how I do it, would you?

I could care less about your religious affiliation, but since you're only 14, and have written such a novel-length piece (very admirable for someone your age), I will definitely read what you have posted and will get back to you. :cool:

sirmyk said:
I could care less about your religious affiliation, but since you're only 14, and have written such a novel-length piece (very admirable for someone your age), I will definitely read what you have posted and will get back to you. :cool:

Okay, thank you. :)

I just didn't want you to get offended if you believed in God or something...

Long...very long. I couldn't read all of it, but the very first part sounded much like a story I wrote about three years ago, when I was twelve. (not going in detail.) I remember asking all those questions myself. Depressing times... Now I write much more compact...poetry. In long stories, I lose myself. I get lost very easily, even in my own house, and its not very big. Great story for such a young writer. It seems to have gotten better with age though; I read the end.

Back