• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My first novel

Robert Williams

Hi all,

This is my first posting to this forum. I'm an author and I just published my first novel. It's a sci-fi tale called "The Remembrance," about a man who has lost his memories who seeks out a race of alien beings to help him recover them. I set up a website to promote the book, here's the URL

http://www.geocities.com/theremembrance_novel

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could give me. Thanks very much!

Robert Williams

Well, I read the first couple of pages and it starts off well. Interesting story too.

I'm not a big fan of reading off the screen for long periods - makes my eyes hurt :(

Is the book only available in the USA, or is it going to be released internationally?

Since it is a print-on-demand book, you can order it off the website, or Amazon, and they will ship it to wherever you are, although shipping costs can be prohibitive depending on where you live. Another option would be to give the book's information, author's name, title, publisher, ISBN, etc., to a library and they will order it for you and you can check it out like any library book. Also, even though it is not available in regular bookstores (yet), most bookstores can order the book from the publisher if you request it.

I'm still a struggling writer, hopefully if enough people check out the book I can be picked up by a mainstream publisher and get the book in stores.

Hope that helps. Thanks for checking out the book!

Cheers,

R.W.

KUDOS on your new book, fellow native Kentuckian! I was born in Boyle County not too far from Lexington, KY.....................many moons ago. :eek: But glad to see The Dark and Bloody Ground have a representative in published print! :) my very best wishes on the success of your new book!

Fantastic Rob this is how it's done, head down rear end up and go for it. Nothing happens without ACTION. Best of luck with your book.

Have decided to begin mine again... after 6 years of break ... unless I decide to change the topic.
Morry:)

Just got on the forum, but know how hard it can be to promote a book. I know, because I've got 88 of them on eNovel, and there is a mistrust of e-books and POD.

Seeing you have a webpage, have you gotten it onto the search engines? You can get on hundreds of them free, and get a small response from each.

Don't fall for the ones that promise to get you on hundreds or thousands of engines for a "small fee" -- because they will merely submit your site to all the free ones, and maybe a dozen will ever list you. All it takes is some time to enter them yourself.

A note on that: have several pages to your site, as that is more likely to get responses.

Best of luck! We writers need a lot of it!

hey all, i just joint. :D i have only recently started my first book although i cant seem to get far into it, every time i start i want to write it about something else and want to change the subject of the book. any sugestions?
:confused:
Thanx

Plan what you want to write about in depth, in advance.

I wrote a novel for www.nanowrimo.org and managed to write over 50,000 words in two weeks. Because of this non-stop writing the novel was very scrappy and very disjointed as far as plot and characters go, this is all because I started writing without putting any thought into what I think should happen.

So, take the time to think about your characters, how you want them to evolve, what you want to happen throughout the storyline and how these things will all lead to the conclusion.

Whilst writing you can jot down any ideas that spring to mind and add them later if doing so doesn't deteriorate from the original story.

Otherwise you have those ideas left over for your next novel.

Mxx

Thanx again for the advice :D im now 10 pages into my book, i just cant stop writing. :p i took about 2 or 3 hours planning it.

Scott:)

murphyz said:
Plan what you want to write about in depth, in advance.

I wrote a novel for www.nanowrimo.org and managed to write over 50,000 words in two weeks. Because of this non-stop writing the novel was very scrappy and very disjointed as far as plot and characters go, this is all because I started writing without putting any thought into what I think should happen.

So, take the time to think about your characters, how you want them to evolve, what you want to happen throughout the storyline and how these things will all lead to the conclusion.

Whilst writing you can jot down any ideas that spring to mind and add them later if doing so doesn't deteriorate from the original story.

Otherwise you have those ideas left over for your next novel.

Mxx
It's very interesting what you say about planning.
I asked about this in a recent thread I wrote. I have been planning my current story for the last year or so on and off. I know exactly what will happen and who the characters are and how they will evolve. I always feel somewhat sheepish when people ask me eagerly how much I have writtenand to this I must reply "very little" because the planning is taking so long. At this rate the book MAY be finished in a few years!
However I am adding and ammending all the time!

Robert Williams said:
Hi all,

This is my first posting to this forum. I'm an author and I just published my first novel. It's a sci-fi tale called "The Remembrance," about a man who has lost his memories who seeks out a race of alien beings to help him recover them. I set up a website to promote the book, here's the URL

http://www.geocities.com/theremembrance_novel

I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could give me. Thanks very much!

Robert Williams

Congrats on the Book, Robert!! It sounds interesting. I too have a new book out--Pattern of Violence by C.Hyytinen. I'll buy yours if you buy mine :rolleyes: My novel is a suspense thriller. Website http://www.chyytinen.com. The part I find the most difficult is promotion. I feel I've done all the freebie stuff I can and I'm starting to go stark, raving mad looking for anything and everything that will help.:D I don't have the time being I work full-time and I'm trying to finish my 2nd novel. How 'bout you?

Back