• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My introduction.. be kind

pearshaker

kickbox
Hi everyone...

Thanks for having me! :)

I guess i should introduce myself. I'm pearshaker (aka Michele). I'm from downunder Australia.. and enjoy a good read.

I'm particularly fond of older writing styles, but that by no means I only read that type of work. I'm currently in the process of choosing my next book, whether it be, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte or Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky, OH and A Secret Love by Stephanie Laurens. Needlesstosay it's a difficult feat. :)

I'm a bit fan of shakespeare (although his authoriship is debated). I really enjoy his work. That doesn't mean i always understand it, but i love a challenge and that's why i read his work. I am particularly fond of his Sonnets.

Anyway, i suppose i should leave it there for the moment. I'm off to do some reading of your other threads :)

Toodles for now :)

Hi Pearshaker, I can't really say welcome seeing as I only joined here yesterday but I will say Hi to another Aussie. I've read some Stephanie Laurens too, but not the one you are currently on. Let me know if its any good :)

Thanks tyche! :)

Hello fello aussie reader :)

So far so good on the Stephanie Laurens book. I recommend when reading Stephanie Laurens that you read them in the order they were written... hope you have already, otherwise you might not get the full effect of them all together. They're great books. The Cynster Series starts with a "Devils Bride". But there's also the Bastion Club series - that begins with "Captain Jack's Woman". I actually started with "Captain Jack's Woman" but wasn't aware that there was a Bastion Club Series at the time, but i found it a great starting point before moving on to the Cynster Series. But they're great books - i recommend them to anyone who likes a romance with a big of raunch :p hehe
check out www.stephanielaurens.com.au as well - it lists them all for you there in case you want to have a look :)

Happy reading!

It's good to see some other Aussies on here, we can let everyone know about some of our great home-grown authors and discover some that may not be published here.

I have read some SL before, several of the later Cynsters, but as the first one I picked up from the library was Lucifers story I have put the rest of the Cynsters and the Bastion Club on my future reading list (that list nevers seems to get any shorter!) Have checked out her site before to see how far out of sync I was reading her books. I make sure now that I start a series at the start.

See you around the boards pearshaker

Hi pearshaker! I am new here too but let me welcome you!

I love Fjodor Dostoevskij so I'd probably choose one of his book. I am currently reading "the idiot". I love it, even if my fav. in absolute is "the brothers Karamazov".
I'm sorry but I've never read any Aussie author...any suggestion?:)

thank you and CIAO!!

New Member With Great website

Hello Guys

I am Imran from Pakistan. I love reading books. While going through websites i found a great website.

Spare 2 mins and have a look at :

www . books-collection . com

You can download millions of books here.

Back