1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

My suggestion October - December 2019

Discussion in 'Book of the Month' started by Cosimah2o, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    non-fiction books
    Before it's too late and our « old guard » ( myself included ) begins to blur in the time , I would like that some of you had the chance of getting into the Mountaineering Literature .

That is why, I'm going to chose one of the most entrancing mountaineering books I've read recently, The shining Mountain by Peter Boardman .
    We have still plenty of enthusiasm for reading !!
    When I discover an exciting and poignantly book, I have the pressing need to share it with others :)

What makes it outstanding is the brilliant writing of Peter Boardman : clear, emotional and meticously descriptive prose .

Don't worry about certain Technicalities of climbing or mountaineering, so to speak, is more an introspective journey towards the Changabang's summit . He talk us about challenges, suffering, fears or funny moments and also about interpersonal dynamics between he and Tasker throughout their project, that is, their own views on climbing and reasons behind what they do.

In any case, any doubt I will try to solve it .
    Trust me, really you will be able feel yourself like the third partner on the rope !!

2. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    non-fiction books
    I forgot to mention...this is a non-fiction book, all the experiences recounted are truthful !!