• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

mystery/romantic fiction

leslieme

Hi, I'm looking for the title of a book I read several years ago, around the mid 1990's. It was a mystery/romantic fiction.

This book while containing romantic elements really couldn't be solely classified as such. The main characters were, Beatrice, Ralph, and B's brother Harry. There were some very dark elements in this novel, betrayal, mutilation (Ralph, by Beatrice), incest (Beatrice and Harry), and the milder, theft, and murder, lol.

Beatrice was in love with Ralph, but even more so she loved her home/plantation. Ralph was below her station, so in one of those, I can't have you but no one else will either, brought about his mutilation and seeming death. B, what a great gal huh, then coerced her very weak sibling into a incestious relationship, and subsequently had a child by him.

If anyone knows the title and/or author of this novel please let me know. Thanks so much.

Back