• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Mystic River

infoghost

kickbox
Finally got a chance to see Mystic River, possibly one of my most anticipated films ever. Denis Lehane is my favorite author, and I was praying that the first film based on his book wouldn't be an embarrassment.

Not only is the film success in my eyes, it's quite possibly one of the best movies I've ever seen. If Sean Penn does not get an Oscar for his performance, I'll be tempted to never see another movie again. I've never really been a fan of Penn, nor have I disliked him, but I had no idea he had that type of performance in him. Clint Eastwood needs to buy the rights to all of Lehanes work in my opinion.

I'd recommend Mystic River to anybody who enjoys a good film, and more so to those who read the book and enjoyed it.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen the movie yet, but am anxiously looking forward to it. Mystic River was probably one of my top books for the year.

I agree that Mystic River, the movie, is a fantastic film. Better than the book as far as I am concerned.

As far as the book, Dennis Lehane is also one of my favorite authors, but I wasn't impressed with Mystic River, the book. Lahane's previous books in the Kenzie/Genaro series were excellent in my eyes and Mystic fell a little short. Shutter Island, another stand-alone and his newest novel, is a great read.

Originally posted by corythosaurus
I agree that Mystic River, the movie, is a fantastic film. Better than the book as far as I am concerned.

As far as the book, Dennis Lehane is also one of my favorite authors, but I wasn't impressed with Mystic River, the book. Lahane's previous books in the Kenzie/Genaro series were excellent in my eyes and Mystic fell a little short. Shutter Island, another stand-alone and his newest novel, is a great read.

Yeah, i checked out some of the reviews for Mystic River at Barnes and Noble, and they weren't too hot...
I think i'll watch the movie instead :)

I finally had a chance to watch Mystic River this weekend, and wow, what a great movie!! One of the best movies ever!
I havent read the book, though. Are some things different in the book?

Lets hope for an Oscar or five..!!

Back