• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Nabokov: The Original of Laura

I'm not so optimistic as that, feeling that the first printing may already be spoken for (and long since). We shall see.

Pre-ordered immediately before posting anything here, Sparky, but still fear I am at the end of a long long list. :sad:
On the other hand I don't think it will be quite like the final Harry Potter.
So, maybe.
While on the topic -- sort of -- I did have the original edition of Lolita in my hand when it first appeared, and browsed it. But put it back on the display without buying it. Been kicking myself these past several years. :(

Mine is now sitting on the shelf waiting its turn. Fascinating appearance, and wonderful to see Nabokov's actual handwriting racing along the printed facsimile cards. And legibly, at that!

I bought it. There is something very fascinating about seeing Nabokov's writing process, and handwriting. I can't judge it at all as a piece of fiction though, labelling it a 'novel in fragments' is not correct, imo.
Did anyone actually detach the cards and do any rearranging?

^Indeed!
It could be the new must play game during the Holidays, instead of Pictionary. Each family member must rearrange the cards how they see fit and then explain to the rest of the family why their order is best.

Back