• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Name That Band...

Ding ding ding. We have a weiner.

Another one?

A lifelong drug user, I died while in rehab, according to some with a smile on my face. I played with many musicians during a long career for which I was very grateful.

Who you callin' a weiner? :p

My father was an ordained church elder. I changed my name to one usually used by the opposite sex.

prince_profile.jpg

Here is a bunch of clues. Can you guess the answers?

The astrological sign being Sagittarius, has the three primary elemental qualities with the omission of water. What band?

My SG guitar is always charged up with high voltage rock n roll. What is the name of my band?

Everyone in this band has a beard except the drummer who's name is Beard. Who are we?

The lead singer of this band used to work in a turkey farm before being discovered. What band is it?

He was called The Red Rocker before joining this band. Name the band.

We're not talking STP automotive brand, we're talking about the rock band. Which band?
stp-logo.gif

She (pictured below) was the lead singer for this band in the early 1970's. What's the band's name?
Linda20Ronstadt1.gif

Fans of this popular psychedelic rock group hail the singer as The Lizard King. Which band?

The guitarist of this band (pictured below) was discovered motionless at the bottom of his swimming pool at his home in 1969. Name the band.
concert.jpg

Before this famous rock band changed their name in 1967 they were known as The Blue Velvets. What's the band's name?

Paul Hewson is the lead singer for this Ireland band (easy one). Which band?

The graphic logo for this psychedelic band is a skull with a bolt across its top; blue on the right of the bolt and red on the other. Name the band.

Name this band: aimages_jp.amazon.com_images_P_B000002G7C.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The name of this band was made up from the names of two blues musicians (Anderson and Council). What's the band's name?

The name of this southern rock band originated from two of the band members high school gym coach. Which band?

Name this band: ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_aquablue66_bands_rockclue.jpg

This guitarist (band) is well celebrated because of their innovative fusion of rock, and fiery Afro-Latin polyrhythms. Name the artist/band.

Aqua, I haven't got much time to look into these at the moment, but when I get a chance I'll try.
Couple of guesses - 1st one - Earth Wind and Fire?
Bearded band one - ZZTop?

My SG guitar is always charged up with high voltage rock n roll. What is the name of my band?

AC/DC. Angus Young, lead guitarist, played an SG.

We're not talking STP automotive brand, we're talking about the rock band. Which band?

Stone
Temple
Pilots

She was the leader singer of this band in the early 70s.

The Eagles. Not to be too much of a prick, but technically, wasn't it more like "they were her backup band." Maybe you have someone else in mind.

Fans of this popular psychedelic rock group hail the singer as The Lizard King. Which band?

The Doors. Lizard King = Jim Morrison

The guitarist of this band (pictured below) was discovered motionless at the bottom of his swimming pool at his home in 1969. Name the band.

The Rolling Stones. Looked it up to make sure.

Before this famous rock band changed their name in 1967 they were known as The Blue Velvets. What's the band's name?

CCR-Had to look it up all the way.

Anderson and Council -> Pink Floyd

Skull Logo - Grateful Dead

Andy Warhol -> Velvet Underground. Had to look that one up to make sure.

Paul Hewson -> U2

Southern Rock Band + Gym Teacher = Lynyrd Skynyrd

"This guitarist (band) is well celebrated because of their innovative fusion of rock, and fiery Afro-Latin polyrhythms. Name the artist/band." C'mon, not to be too much of a whiner, but what bands aren't? :)

Very, very good RitalinKid!!! :eek:

This guitarist (band) is well celebrated because of their innovative fusion of rock, and fiery Afro-Latin polyrhythms. Name the artist/band.

Answer: Carlos Santana.

Did you figure out these clues: 'I played a Gibson SG double-neck electric guitar. Can you name my band?', 'The lead singer of this band used to work in a turkey farm before being discovered. What band is it?', 'He was called The Red Rocker before joining this band. Name the band.', 'Who's this band': ai25.photobucket.com_albums_c74_aquablue66_bands_rockclue.jpg.

Again, I give you a standing O. Good job!

Had to seek advice on these.

Gibson SG double-neck guitar - Led Zep ?

Picture of band - Deep Purple?

Yes! Correct Poppy1.

How about the remaining clues? Anyone?

The lead singer of this band used to work in a turkey farm before being discovered. What band is it?

He was called The Red Rocker before joining this band. Name the band

Looked 'em up.

Journey. Steve Perry.

Van Hagar :) , formerly Van Halen. Sammy Hagar.

I see now why I didn't have a clue on those two. ;) Not a big Journey or Hagar fan.

Back