• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need a new book to read

marycathie

kickbox
I am looking for mostly fantasy books.I have read David Eddings except for all the Dreamer Series.....JRR Tolkien,would love books like The Lord of the Rings series......JK Rowlings,of course Harry Potter,..........Maggie Shayne,she wrote vampire stories as did Laurel K.Hamilton....so maybe this will give evryone an idea of the types of books I am looking for.Dont want romance/historical fantasy stuff.Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.........Thanks,Marycathie

Hi Marycathie. I'm a huge fan of the fantasy genre as well. I'll give you a list of my favorites. If you want any more information on them you can PM me or just reply.

1) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast for Crows
2) Elantris by Brandon Sanderson
3) His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, The Amber Spyglass
4) Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Sequel-Inkspell (have not read)
5) The Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix
Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen
6) Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind
Wizard's First Rule, Stone of Tears, Blood of the Fold...many more
7)The Sevenwaters Trilogy by Juliet Marillier
Daughter of the Forest, Son of the Shadows, Child of the Prophecy
8) The Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini
Eragon, Eldest....
9) Song of the Lioness Quartet by Tamora Pierce
Alanna: The First Adventure, In the Hand of the Goddess, The Woman who Rides Like a Man, Lioness Rampant
10)Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
11) Magician by Raymond E. Feist
12) The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher
1st book-Storm Front

Whew...that's all I can think of for now. Hope I helped.

Thank you,FrodoLIVES

Thank you for the list of books.I am gonna begin the George RR Martin series.Have a good day,Marycathie

The Summoner by Gail Z Martin is amazing book I loved it... I am a huge Harry Potter fan and Eragon and Eldest Fan...

I have to say this book was way way way better then eragon and the Eldest books...

It is better then some of the Harry Potter books as well but not all...

with the list of books you have given there is no way this book can disapoint... it has a little of everything and it well written...

try stephen king's dark tower series - GREAT, absolutely wonderful - nothing like the other crap he puts out. (last two in series dissappointing though- major give up)

DAVID MITCHELL!

Number9Dream
Ghostwritten
Cloud Atlas

KHALED...UH, WHATEVER HIS LAST NAME IS!

The Kite Runner
A Thousand Splendid Suns comes out May 22nd (hazah!)

JOHNATHAN STROUD!

Bartimaeus Trilogy. Part one: The Amuelt of Samarkand. (This series kicks the crap out of Harry Potter)

ALEX GARLAND!

The Beach
The Tesseract
The Coma

Ok...back to working out. (Me so tired...Eminem music so pumping, you know? But golly GOSH, I'm tired.)

would recommend...

(if you havnt read them yet The Silmarillion, The Hobbit, Unfinished Tales)

1. Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series by Brian Jacques. some say its for kids, but its a got a killer first chapter.

2. The Keys to the Kingdom series by Garth Nix. ive only read the first 2 but they are great and totally new.

3. Inkheart, and the sequel Inkspell which is even better.

4. The King in the Window. cant remember the author, but u'll never look at mirrors the same way again.
5. Troll Fell.

6. The Dreamwalkers Child~ Steve Voake its sequel is out though i havnt read it yet 'The Web of Fire'

hope you enjoy those! :D

Back