• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Authors NOW!!!

JMovie

I'm new to reading(as an entertainment) and was wondering if you all can give you your favorite authors in the following categories that I would like to read.

Sci-Fi

Horror

Comedy

Thriller

Drama(but with a good concept)

and if another author really stands out in another category than you can mention them but tell me what they usually write.

Thanks

Scifi: Orson Scott Card

Horror: Stephen King

Comedy: Dave Barry (this isn't fiction per se, but funny as hell)

Thriller: Jeffrey Deaver

Drama: Barbara Kingsolver (I guess... I never thought of books as having a drama category, but if Kingsolver's books were made into movies they'd be dramas.)

Sci-Fi- I don't read a whole lot of sci-fi, Stanislaw Lem and Nancy Farmer

Horror- this, on the other hand, is a favorite genre of mine. I'd suggest Stephen King, but not all of his stuff is creepy, Laurell K. Hamilton, don't forget the classic authors, Bram Stoker, and Mary Shelley (Frankenstien, did I get the name right?)

Comedy- Tom Robbins, Dave Barry

Thriller- Preston & Child, Michael Crichton, Jeffrey Deaver, Matthew Reilly

Drama(but with a good concept)- Sue Monk Kidd, Margaret Atwood, Alexander McCall Smith, Alice Hoffman (two thumbs up for her)

That's all I can think of at this time. Look around the old threads, you'll find lots of good ideas.

JMovie said:
I'm new to reading(as an entertainment) and was wondering if you all can give you your favorite authors in the following categories that I would like to read.

Sci-Fi

Horror

Comedy

Thriller

Drama(but with a good concept)

and if another author really stands out in another category than you can mention them but tell me what they usually write.

Thanks
You know it really doesn't hurt to have at look a existing threads first.

Scariest Book Ever?

What fiction book do you keep reading over and over?

Horror - where do I start?

Best horror books

The Book Forum Top 100 Science Fiction & Fantasy List

My Favourite Science Fiction Of All Time

Who are your favourite mystery writers?

Top Ten List Of Best Humor Books

Cheers

Back