• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need "clean" book suggestions under 200 pages

Don't know if someone's mentioned this already, but Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury is an excellent choice. There are a few hells and damns in it, but not very many and that's the worst of it. It also completely changed my mind on things like censorship, and I must say I found it to be a life-altering book. More than anything, it made me realize how precious the right to read fiction is.
EDIT: I should also probably mention, if you haven't read this book, that it isn't controversial or anything--at least I don't think it is. It is captivating and unique and I just adore it. There isn't anything "dirtier" than the few curse words in it, and it could get by in a grade school.

Alexander McCall Smith? Precious Ramotswe wouldn't dream of allowing any swearing around her. I am always much comforted when entering into Mma Ramotswe's world.

link

The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom (just over 200 pages) immediately came to mind, but quite frankly, I wouldn't bother.

Back