• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

need help finding a books name

klevious

i am in serious need of some help.

i am searching for a series of books that the names escape me and i cannot remmember who the author is. here is a brief description of the story line.

it is about a world where people can learn words of power to become very powerfull, these words are very rare and just knowing one word gives you power but learning 5 words will make you as powerfull as the gods. a young man has one word passed down from his mother who dies and through a series of adventures come across 4 more words to become as powerfull as a god but losses it all when his girlfriend learns some of the words and tells some of her people the words(if more then one person learns the word it loses some of the power it gives the original person) to save him from himself.

this is a trilogy and i would very much would like to find out the names of these books and the author to add to my collection they are of course fantasy and i think published in the mid 80's
i think.

any help would be appreciated

thanks

ummm, i'm not sure if this is it, but could it be The Wizard of Earthsea? It's been a while since i read it but the plot seems familiar.

i just researched "The Wizard of Earthsea" online and it does have a similar plot but it is not the one i am looking for.

thanks for the reply

Back