• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

need help finding books

griff8605

There's not really a specific book I'm looking for more a type of book. I've recently become interested in reading historical fiction books that took place before the invention of guns and things of that nature. I am essentially looking for books based around warfare before it became based on technology. I've started reading both the Three Kingdoms novels as well as Taiko and can't put either of them down. I love reading about individuals whose lives are based around loyalty, courage, bravery, and honor. Being interested in the martial arts myself I'm espeicially attracted to these books. But i'm not looking for books specifically on samurai I would also like to read about other countries and heroes of an earlier time. So I would be grateful if someone could help me find other books similar to these, preferably based on actual history.

Have you ever read Wilbur Smith's series about ancient Egypt? The first one is called River God. It has lots of the elements you're looking for: battles before technology, courage, honor, all that great stuff :D It also has quite a bit of information about society and politics of ancient Egypt too, so if you're more focused on the war/battle aspect you might not like them as well.

Thanks for the suggestion I'll definately look into it. If anyone else knows any other good books I would greatly appreciate it.

Back