• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need Help Finding These Sci-Fi Titles

Levermint

Hi, anyone who can help me find these books, or who can recommend a site or engine that could help, please PLEASE and thank you THANK YOU . I've been agonizing over this first one for about three years, since I found some old stuff from school.

1. ) It's what I imagine is a juvenile fiction novel. Science fiction/fantasy, actually. I read it when I was 12, in 1986 in my school library. All I remember ( I know, rarely are more frustrating words ever spoken ) is that it involves a scientist working in his home on a kind of gateway technology. A nurse who I think lives next door comes over to give him a casserole ( for some reason I really remember that, must've been hungry when I read it ) and she does something to his machine. They both end up in another universe or other planet, on the banks of a waterway, a river or creek. It was hardcover and I want to give some details without leading anyone's thinking. It was grey? Grey and purple cover, I think.
I tried the school website and even called the library, but no dice. The lady who was there is long gone and nothing like I described was to be found by the woman who replaced her.

2. ) A man dies and ends up in the underworld before Anubis who gives the man certain abilities in order that he go and assassinate Anubis' brother Horus. I want to say this is pretty recent, but maybe I just heard of it recently. I just "sounds" like the last 5 years, if that makes sense.
It's a pretty simple one ( compared to the first ) which is why I'd love some info on search engines - besides Google book search which doesn't have many titles yet - that do plot or text searches. I put this one all over the web "kills Horus" and "assassinate Horus", etc. and nothing. I'd figure that'd be a string to stand out.

3. ) I remember hearing about some book where there are these magicians known as Singers and some known as Dancers. Their magic I think, is contained in the tattoos on their bodies, some of which can be touched to others on their bodies to manifest spells. Again, I think it's recent, but I really have no idea. It smacks of old Piers Anthony or something but I couldn't find anything. Same as the one about about Horus, searches of "singers and dancers" and variations with wizard, magic, etc. didn't produce any viable hits.

Anyone who can help, thank you very much. And anyone who can't hey, a "Wow, man, no idea!" is fine.
Empathy is appreciated. :)

None sound truely familiar to me... the second and third make me think I might have seen them mentioned at some point, and the Singers and Dancers rings a slightly stronger bell... but not enough to even point you in the right direction. I'd like to know what that last one is, if you find out, though.

Back