• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help for translation in English

Pauline

I don't know if everybody knows ,but I am french student.
And French are really bad in English! :whistling: I am not an exception but I want really improve my english. That's why I decided to read in English and to register me in this forum. I think this forum can be an opportunity for me.

I have create a blog which I wish "bilingual" French / English. But my english is not completed. I learn..I learn. I wish to write correctly in English, a day...

I translate my firt article, recently. And i would like to know if my translate is correct, otherwise can you correct me in this Thread in vocabulary or grammar or other.

Thanks you to poeple who agree to help me. I can help you in French if you whish it.

Here is my text:

This blog is an invitation for sharing, for exchanges, and for discovering. I love to travell all over the web and to make every day of new finds.

My avatar is a paint of Francine Van Hove, La lampe rouge, 2009.

Pauline is a ordinary girl. But if you are really very curious you can clik in my complete profile!

Trough this blog you will discover my readings, my discoveries, my favorites, sometimes my travels. ( I go soon to New York).

I have a personal objective, witch urged me to create this blog, that to read in the tongue of Shakespeare. That's why this blog will try to be bilingual, in spite of my english is far from being completed. I think that it's a good way for improve my knowledge.

If you know books / BD accessible for an intermediate level in English I am any hearing. I possess some books of the collection Penguin Readers and Penguin Classics. (English books).

At present, I read a play of Oscar Wilde, A woman of no importance.

This blog is only just be born, but I count oncritical readers to help me to make increase it.

Have a nice day!

PS : Beforehand, sorry for my clumsiness in English.

link source Delete if it's to considering as advertising.

Thanks.

Pauline.

Pauline, I am also French, but am completely bilingual and am very good in English. It would definitely help me to see your original French text in order to be able to help you with this :)

Pauline, je peux certainement vous aidez, mais il serait mieux pour moi de pouvoir voir le texte original en français.

Hello Sylvie!

It is kind from your part. You will find the text in French by clicking the link source at the bottom of the text or in my signature.

(Le lien en Français se trouve dans ma signature (reader on web) ou en bas du texte (link source))

I take an exami this aprés noon, I return here this evening.

(Je passe un examen cette aprés midi, alors je dois aller réviser! Je reviens ce soir pour corriger mon texte en anglais)

Thank you Sylvie.

And thank you Gilgamesh for your MP

This blog is an invitation for sharing, for exchanges, and for discovering. I love to travell all over the web and to make every day of new finds.

This blog stems from a need to share, exchange and discover. I love to travel all over the web and make new discoveries everyday.

My avatar is a paint of Francine Van Hove, La lampe rouge, 2009.

My avatar is a painting of Francine Van Hove; La lampe rouge, 2009

Pauline is a ordinary girl. But if you are really very curious you can clik in my complete profile!

»Pauline is an ordinary girl, but if you are really curious you can click on my complete profile

Trough this blog you will discover my readings, my discoveries, my favorites, sometimes my travels. ( I go soon to New York).

With this blog, you will learn about my readings, discoveries, favorite things and sometimes even my travels. (I will be going to New York soon).

I have a personal objective, witch urged me to create this blog, that to read in the tongue of Shakespeare. That's why this blog will try to be bilingual, in spite of my english is far from being completed. I think that it's a good way for improve my knowledge.
My personal objective, which urged me to create this blog is to be able to read in the language of Shakespeare. That's I will try to make this blog bilingual in spite of my English that is far from being perfect. I think it's a good way to improve my knowledge.

If you know books / BD accessible for an intermediate level in English I am any hearing. I possess some books of the collection Penguin Readers and Penguin Classics. (English books).

If you know of any books that are BD accessible for an intermediate level in English I am listening. I have some books from the Penguin Readers and Penguin Classics collection (English books)
At present, I read a play of Oscar Wilde, A woman of no importance.

Right now I am reading a play by Oscar Wilde: A woman of no Importance.

This blog is only just be born, but I count oncritical readers to help me to make increase it.

This blog is totally new, but I am counting on critical readers to help me make it bigger.

Have a nice day!

PS : Beforehand, sorry for my clumsiness in English.

I hope this helps, I changed the sentences around a bit so they are more grammatically correct.

Passe une belle journée :)

Thank you very much.

For the last sentence Gilgamesh proposes me:
"This blog is new and only emerging, but I am counting on critical readers to help make better of it."

(Je suppose que en Anglais la "personnalisation" "vient juste de naître" n'est pas applicable pour un blog? c'est bien ça?)
(J'ai aussi du mal à comprendre pourquoi certains "That")

Beforehand = A l'avance? it's correct?

Thanks Sylvie.

Oui cette suggestion est aussi bonne de Gilgamesh. Aussi, c'est bien ca, il y a des expression en français qui ne se disent simplement pas en anglais donc il faut changer les phrases. Je pense que c'est la chose la plus difficile a propos de la traduction, mais tu pourra mieux les apprendre en lisant en anglais. Si tu rencontre des expression anglaise dans un livre que tu ne comprends pas, n'hésite pas a m'envoyer un message, je pourrais t'aider.
Yes that suggestion from gilgamesh would be great. Also, that's right there are expressions or ways to say things that can not be translated literally as it will not make sense in English. Same goes from English to French. This is probably one of the hardest parts about translating. However, you will get better at doing this if you read in English. If you come accross any sentences you don't understand when you're reading in English, don't hesitate to contact me.

Back