• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help - Forgotten book - Read in the 80's

BookBrain

First off, this was a book I read in the past. More precisely I was in middle school (7th or 8th grade) and that would have put it in the 1988, 1987 time frame. Let me no go down the list of specifics I remember and the not so specifics that may be a little off.

Definitely correct-
Author was male.
This book had black and white pitures with a splash of color (things like lights were colored in yellow but the rest was black and white).
The main charachter was a boy.
The author came in to our school library for a book promotion thing.

Possibilities (can be fuzzy)-
I think he has written more than this one book.
The name I thing was somthing like The *blank* and the *blank*
There was some kind of magical amulet involved in there was a warlock type man chasing after him at one point (the evil charachter).

Definitily is not -
Harry Potter
Any Hardy Boys
Encylopedia Brown
Fantasy settings - This was a boy in a normal town who just happens to get invovled in a magical mystery.

As you can see there isn't alot (to find in a book store) but there is enough that if given a name I can ensure that what is being told to me is the right thing.

I figured it out thanks to -

LIES post on the sticky! thanks lies thats a nice link - isbndb.com

I typed in Warlock and looked around and I found it -

The Author is John Bellairs and the Title of the one I was thinking of is the Mummy, the Will and the Crypt. He does in fact have a whole series and i had read them all so I was kind of jumbeling up all of the stories...

This is great now I can pass my reading books onto my son a he has the same taste in books I used to have at that age.

Back