• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help I have tapped all outlets

Soulcon

Hello all I must say I need your help.

I have been looking for one book for over 5 years now. In 1997 I graduated college and picked up a book in Hastings, A store in Laramie Wyoming. I read it once then it dissepered from my collection and now I can not remember the title or author. I will tell you as much as I can remember but it isn't much.

1, I seem to remember the word Dragon being in the title somewhere.

2, Red dragon head on cover.

3. All characters are dragons no humans unless in suggestion.

4. A young dragon growing up and the trials he goes through.

5. Meets a white dragon near the end and the fall in love

6. has to be in the 500 to 800 page range very large book I thought.

Please any help you can offer would be great thanks.

-Soul:D

Hi Soulcon,

Always in the mood to help I browsed the Internet after I saw your question, and I think I found an answer; could it be 'Dragoncharm', 'Dragonstorm' or 'Dragonflame' by Graham Edwards? A short description of these novels follows:

Dragoncharm:

The story revolves around the tale of Fortune and Cumber, two friends from what are basically separate species of dragon: Charmed, a race of wizard dragons for whom magic wielding comes naturally. They have a standard frame of four legs and two small wings, although they can change their shape at will. The other type of dragon is the Natural dragon. Much more common than the Charmed, these lesser dragons have only two rear legs and a pair of huge wings. Fortune, the main character, is a Natural dragon, and Cumber a Charmed. That they are friends is unusual, as the two species are incredibly suspicious of each other.

Dragonstorm:

This is the second novel of an Animal Fantasy trilogy about dragons. The book continues the story of Fortune and his friends in a changing world with an unknown future. Different characters, a chaotic setting and an interesting plot makes Dragonstorm an entertaining read.

Dragonflame:

Dragonflame is the rip-roaring final chapter of the Dragoncharm saga. This third book of the series resolves a lot of issues about the world of the dragons, and even explains how its related to our world. This is a real cool series. Every fantasy fan, whether you like dragons or not, should read it.

I think a number of books with this same idea (no humans, only dragons) were written by Anne McCaffrey, but I'm not completely sure. I'll give you those titels anyway:

- Dragondrums,
- Dragonflight,
- Dragonsdawn,
- Dragonsinger - harper of Pern,
- Dragonsong,
- Dragonquest.

I hope I helped you out here, and if not, check out this site, I'm sure you'll find something there.

Cheers, Martin :D

Thanks

I must say thank you very much if anything you have broadend my prospects of not yet read material. However, all the books listed by you and in that site where not the book I am looking for. I must apologize for not having much information I just am having a rough time remembering details. I am just so excited to one day find this book again so as to finally re-read it. Yes, it is that good! Again, Thanks so far for your help!

Anytime...

And I'll keep my eyes open for it (not only for you, for me also, because now you've made me want to read this book as well).

Cheers, Martin :D

Thanks for the site I think I have actually visited that site once before. I will have to look indepth to see if anything was added or changed. Thanks again for all of you peoples help one day I will find this book and be in heaven.

Back