• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help identifying a book ...

sarahlucia28

Hey all! I'm needing some help identifying two books that I read 10+ years ago and I'm hoping that you all can help.

The first book was composed of a trilogy of stories about a family of witches. I don't recall many details about the story, except that it began in Salem, Mass during the witch trials and followed through several generations to modern times. I believe the family started out poor and had a feud with a wealthier family (who may or may not have been town magistrates or governors or something) who helped burn several of their family members at the stake. I think the general idea of the stories was that this family of witches spent the rest of their lives trying to pay back this other family through marriage, sex, deceit, etc.

The second story I thought was by Christopher Pike, but so far I haven't been able to track down this story in any of his books. It was about a girl who, after a house fire kills her mother, moves in with her estranged father who has since remarried and has a daughter. Basically, the story is all about the estranged daughter taking revenge on her father's new family. I'm pretty sure she kills a few people in the story (the gardener's son springs to mind and I think she started the fire that killed her mom), and I think she also tries to kill the younger daughter. I don't recall how the story ended or anything else that happened, other than I think the family was wealthy East-Coast types and that the younger daughter had a problem with sleepwalking.

I know this is terribly vague, but if anyone can help me with these titles I'd appreciate it.

Any chance it might be The witching Hour by Anne Rice???

It has been 10 or so years and it sounds similar as far as I can remember...

aimages.amazon.com_images_P_0345384466.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Back