• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

need help with title of children's book

raeni

Hi, everyone, glad to be here!
I need help with the title of a children's book. I bought it thru Seesaw or Scholastic or some other children's book order through school, back in the mid '70s, and have lost it since then. It was about a man who came to take care of some children--either he was a nanny or a distant relative. He had a magic pipe that could blow bubbles that would surround the kids, and they could float above the town. I remember they floated above their Christmas tree, also. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I want to say his name is Mr. Tuttle, or Mr. Tiddle or something like that, kind of reminds me of Mrs. Piggle Wiggle's name, but I can't remember!! Help!!
Thanks a bunch!

raeni said:
It was about a man who came to take care of some children--either he was a nanny or a distant relative. He had a magic pipe that could blow bubbles

Sounds like a book by michael jackson :D

Found the title!

I tried several searches, and finally found the title and author of this book:
Mr. Pudgins (by Ruth Christoffer Carlsen), and it was thru Scholastic.
Thanks for the suggestion of using a search engine. I had tried it in the past, but not recently, and this time I hit paydirt!!

I kept thinking his name was Mr. Pugglesby...

I'm so glad you found it as I have been wracking my brain trying to think of it myself. I tried search engines, but to no avail.

Back