• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need help with writing a paper on bible/ramayana/antigone

erik2806

I have to write a 5 page thesis paper for english that compares these three books. Right now my thesis statement is that the three of these show examples as a moral guide on how to live life. I'm having a hard time with supporting details. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I've read parts of the bible and all of antigone... but i'm not familiar with the other book you mentioned. What exactly is your thesis sentence so far? that might help a bit.

one similarity I can think of between the Bible and Antigone... Antigone is kind of a parable, like all those in the Bible, telling why certain standards and rules exist.
A

I would explore the following concepts in each: obedience, filial loyalty, fulfilling your dharma or destiny, the morality of self-sacrifice, the fallibility of the king/god/ruler, moral models of behavior in different cultures. Stuff like that.

:confused: So, are you looking for specific locations in the text where similar language states the same thing in each of the three? Or just general purpose examples of "how" each teaches the lessons, as pertolote23 and novella have offered?

I'm pretty much trying to compare all the 3 in any way they are related. Thank you all for your suggestions.

I can help you with the ramayana, but I have no clue about the other two books. If you have any question regarding this book, please feel free to ask me.

I haven't read the book, but I know the story - I have been listening to it since I was a kid. If you have any specific questions, shoot :) I will try my best to give you correct information ;)

Back