• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need new series of books!!!

If you're into Fantasy, you could try Tracy Hickman and margaret Weis for their Dragonlance series. A friend of mine gave them to me a while ago, and while the beginning is tough, by the end you will enjoy it. Plus, the series has eight books so far, plus another segment that's coming out.

And for the Alex Cross list above, insert Four Blind Mice in between Violets are Blue and The Big Bad Wolf

If you like science fiction and fantasy (and a little mixed), try the Flight of the Maita series. There are like 40 books in it, and all I read are different, and that's sort of different from most series. Some are really funny. I already read like nine of them.
I'm Rhonda. Rexies my sister, and I snuck in on this forum.

try the life of the mayfair witches by anne rice.
.-the witching hour
.-lasher
.-taltos
it continues in the latest two vampire chronicles
.-blackwood farm
.-blood canticle

also the aztec series by gary jennins
.- aztec
.- aztec autum
.- aztec blood (this its not strictly a continuation of the last, but its enjoyable)

and the kane & Abel trilogy by jeffrey archer
.- Kane & Abel
.- the prodigal daughter
.- shall we tell the president (again not really a continuation per se, but it happens in the same universe)

If you're into fantasy, then try the Belgariad series by David Eddings.

If you're not, then how about Sharpe by Bernard Cornwell?

Completely unrelated to all preceding recommendations, and indeed with very little to do with any of them, but I would serious suggest that you read some Isaac Asimov if you have not already done so. My personal favourites are the epic Foundation series, but the Elijah Bailey robot novels are definitely a priority as well.

How about the Outlander series?

the outlander series (crosstitch in uk) by diana gabaldon, is a great book with a wonderful heroine.Claire a nurse and is transported back in time to the late 1700's through a circle of stones in scotland. I can't tell you much more but there is adventure, facinating history, a little romance (okay maybe more than a little), a great villian and world travel. The clan of the cave bear used to be my favorite and now it is a toss up between thses two I really recommend it.
the titles in order are (Us Names
Outlander
Dragonfly in Amber
Voyager
Drums of Autumn
The Fiery Cross
The Outlandish Companion (Just what it says interesting facts and such)

And then she wrote a great historical mystry related to one of her characters called
Lord John and the Private Matter
all really great!
Enjoy bookbug :)

you should definately read Artemis Fowl. it is the best series ever in my opinion. it's got the sci-fi the fantasy and adventure-ish thing going on. Eoin Colfer is a really good writer, i think you'll enjoy it.

Artemis Fowl is definitely one of the best books ever and i don't know how anyone can not like it. there are 3 books, but the 4th one is coming out soon. i really can't wait!

:)

I don't know if they were mentioned before but here are some I enjoy:

Women of the other world series
Redwall
Harry Potter
Series of Unfortunante (sp?) Events
Anita Blake Vampire Hunter
Rachel Morgan Witch for hire Series (Doesn't have a deffinate name yet)

And some others..

the earthchildren

I thought that The Earthchildren series dragged along very slowly. I found myself thinking how many more things is this woman going to find or invent and so one. Like LOTR you could skip out huge chunks of the book and still understand the storyline. The storyline is too small and straightforward to make the books that long. If you thought LOTR dragged wait untill you read these. However I realise huge amounts of unnessesary detail may appeal to some people, it just did not work for me. I liked the Philip Pullman books a lot though, and the series of unfortunate events (childish, i know but what can i say)

I can't stress enough about The Dark Tower series, by Stephen the King. It's a mix of wester/fantasy/horror/and a hundred other things. If you can get through the first The Gunslinger, and can drudge through Wizard and Glass, the rest of the series will knock your socks off.

I read the first Artemis Fowl and wasn't a huge fan (kept me fairly entertained though). I'm keen on character development and it just didn't do it for me.

A couple of good series that have already been metioned are Pullman's His Dark Materials and Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. Both of these were great reads all the way through (though you have to space out the Snickets a bit, as they can get a little repetitive in large doses).

cheers

If you like fantasy mixed with a bit of history and myth how about the 'Mists of Avalon' series by Marion Zimmer Bradley. I was recommended these a few months ago and oh boy I was completely hooked! :D

If you're into mystery/thriller/crime novels, I recommend Andrew Vachss' Burke series. Though some of it's quite graphic - at least it was to me...

Back