• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

need some help finding books

nemnar

I am looking for suggestions on really good books. Books that you stay up till 4 a.m. reading then get up at 10 and start back. Books that you put off everything to read. I've noticed, from what first comes to mind, these types of books tend to come in series, and tend to be quite large. Examples I can think of off had, Happy Potter, The Inheritance "cycle" and Twilight, just to name a few. These are not the extent of what I have read, but bring to mind what I'm looking for, books that draw you in and wont let you go until you've finished. If anyone has any suggestions, please pass them along. I'm not particular to genres, or themes per say, I just like really good writing/story telling. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

You might want to try "The Secret Circle" and "Dark Vistions" by L.J. Smith. They are both trilogys. Hope you like them!

Maybe...

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I really liked the Midnighters Trilogy... Maybe a little younger than what you're looking for... Anyway, you might as well give it a try. In my opinion, it's really good!

If you try it, please post what you think... Even if you think it's terrible...

I'm beginning to think the main reason books get pegged for a "younger" audience is they are "clean". What I mean is the themes are more related to what younger people would think and do, but aside from that there really doesn't seem to be anything in the like profanity or vulgarity. Grant it, some things are mentioned, but nothing over emphasized, I appreciate the posts, keep them coming.

Back