• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need some help

quin

Can someone help me to find a book?

I’ve read it about 5-7 years ago and the story went something like this.

In the future the earth has been taken over an alien race. Humans are almost entirely eradicated. The few survivals are living in remote areas for generations. Mostly in areas with radioactive radiation because the aliens breathe an atmosphere that will explode if it's hit by this radiation. One man leaves his tribe to find some other place to live, as the radiation effects the births in his tribe. He is captured by one of the aliens who is after the gold from the mountains. The human guy learns everything about technology from the alien and escapes. He unites some tribes from Scotland and his people and starts a war for the planet.

My problem is that I don’t remember any specific words like names or races and have not so much to search with.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks

By the sound of it, I don't think it's worth finding it :D

Sorry, can't help with that one. Although, I think you guessed that :D

Regards
SillyWabbit

:p My summary isn't that much but the book isn't bad at all. You just proved that I shouldn't try to write my own book. :p old news

hmmm

whilst i've not read it and not seen the film it does sound a lot like "battlefield earth", can't remember who wrote it - Hubbard?

hope thats more help than hindrance

ksky

Sounds like Battlefield Earth to me too. I never saw the movie but I thought the book was excellent! And yeah it was L. Ron Hubbard who wrote it.
The hero was Johnny Goodboy Tyler if I remember correctly...

That's the one. Thank you both.

Actually I never heard of battlefield earth-the movie. Maybe better this way. I saw some reviews and it seems that it’s a badly made B-movie.

As for the book. It seems that you either love it or hate it and there is no middle way. I loved it for sure.

I have already ordered it. :)

I wish I could say I've read the books but I havn't. However as a hard core scifi movie and tv watcher even I found the movie to be umm lacking. Actualy it was just down right silly. By far the worst John Travolta perfomance ever.

It does convey the basic plot though.

Back