• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need some Mystery and horror novels

Lincoln Rhyme

Anybody got any kind for me?

I'll list some from those two genres.

From Horror I liked:
Pet Sematary
Salems' Lot
Dean Koontz Frankenstein: Prodigal Son
Shutter Island

From Mystery I liked:
The Coffin Dancer
Red Dragon
Storm Front
Darkly Dreaming Dexter

So got any :).

I highly recommend Clive Barker for horror.

He has a series of short stories called "Books Of Blood" which have been printed in Volumes 1-3 and Volumes 4-6.

He also wrote a novella called "Hellbound Heart" which was made into the movie "Hellraiser".

Similarly, his novel "Cabal" was made into a movie called "Night Breed".

As far as horror, there's a new novel called A Twisted Ladder that delves into mental illness. It sounds like it may be similar to Shutter Island. I just started on The Waiting Room by T.M. Wright and really like his style - subtle yet intriguing. Some older titles you may want to check out are Burnt Offerings (family rents a mysterious house for the summer) and Ghosts & Cemetery of Angels by Noel Hynd.

As far as horror, there's a new novel called A Twisted Ladder that delves into mental illness. It sounds like it may be similar to Shutter Island. I just started on The Waiting Room by T.M. Wright and really like his style - subtle yet intriguing. Some older titles you may want to check out are Burnt Offerings (family rents a mysterious house for the summer) and Ghosts & Cemetery of Angels by Noel Hynd.
That Burnt Offering sounds good. I read some reviews, and it was not the first in the Annita Blake series. I also heard it turns into erotica at the 10th novel.

here are some additional list:

1.Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
2.The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
3.The Shining by Stephen King
4.Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
5.Koko by Peter Straub

You really need to check out Robert McCammon. My favorites of his are Boy's Life and Swan Song but all of them are great. They Thirst is about vampires. Mine is about a psycho stealing a baby, The Wolf's Hour is about werewolves but I would say all this novels have some supernatural, some suspense, and usually a mystery.
Also check out Summer of Night by Dan Simmons and more by Stephen King if you haven't read all his stuff. 'It' is my favorite but a lot of his are great.

Back