• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Need some recommendations

PatrickBateman

Ok, well I have read American Psycho and The Rules of Atraction, both by Bret Eston Ellis, and I need some recommendations. I am looking for books that are similar to these but by different authors. Also something silimar to The Catcher in the Rye would be good too as the book was amazing imo.

Ive read American Psycho, and i think i can safely say ive never read a book done in quite the same style, the prose style, the obsession with detail - im not actually sure whether i enjoyed the book or not but it was interesting :p

Patrick, I am afraid that I can't help you with books similar to American Psycho . But, if you are looking for something similar to Catcher , there are a couple of books you might want to try. First, of course, would be Kerouac's On the Road (imagine Holden Caulfield 10 years older). Also, if you can find them, Chuck Rosenthal's Loop's Progress and Experiments with Life and Deaf are brilliant. Also, T.R. Pearson's A Short History of a Small Place .

Back