• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Neil Gaiman: The Sandman

No... I haven't :( I've heard many good things though and it is in the top 10 of my to-be-read list. :p I've only read Gaiman's The Sandman and his two Death graphic novels... and something else, something short... just can't think of it at the moment. hmm...

Libra6Poe said:
One of my favourite McKean websites: click
That's indeed a good one. Dreamline was also nice (hasn't been updated recently) and of course, the official one over at Allen Spiegel Fine Arts, which sucks, if you ask me.

I was so infatuated with the Sandman at one point that I had to have everything. I don't really have everything (never got into the mystery theatre, and never did buy that one asian type comic with the golden cover), but I did buy a Mervin Pumpkinhead comic and a Little Endless Storybook because I'd run out of Sandmans to buy.

lies said:
I had to have everything...but I did buy a Mervin Pumpkinhead comic and a Little Endless Storybook because I'd run out of Sandmans to buy.
Ahh, very cool. I read this one spin off that had Lyta Hall and the Furies (I think). The setting was Greece (I think-ha ha). Anyway, it was ages ago when I read it. As far as Sandman stuff is concerned, I have to of the same Delirium dolls and two Death dolls, a Sandman action figure, Death action figure, and a Death wrist watch (that is bad ass). I'm such a geek. :p

Hehe. I've wanted to buy some of the merchandise too, but it's just too expensive.

I only have book shaped stuff...
- The Sandman Library;
- Endless Nights;
- Death: The High Cost of Living and Death: The Time of Your Life;
- Hy Bender's Sandman Companion;
- The Little Endless Storybook by Jill Thompson (I love that one);
- Jill Thompson's Death: At Death's Door (a retelling of some Sandman stuff, manga style);
- Merv Pumpkinhead: Agent of Dream (Willingham, Stokes, Buckingham, Loughridge);
- The Quotable Sandman

And then I branched out into Gaiman/McKean collaborations and the likes, LOL.

;)
That's awesome. I wish I had more Sandman stuff (book wise).
I'm still in the process of collecting all the books and the Death books...
I only have (right now):
Preludes and Nocturnes
Doll's House
Sandman: King of Dreams (Alisa Kwitney, Neil Gaiman, Sarah McElwain (Editor))
Quotable Sandman

I'd love to get the Little Endless. :)

The Little Endless are just too cute. I really do like Jill Thompson's work. (I even read those Scary Godmother's of hers because I wanted more and there's only one storybook.)

She sells her art online if you're interested by the way. I think all her Little Endless Stuff has gone, but there might be some manga death stuff still.

lies said:
I think all her Little Endless Stuff has gone
:( That's too bad...

She sells her art online if you're interested by the way
oh yeah, I think I saw that on her site. I really do like her art work. There are some neat comments about/by her in the Sandman Companion.

Very neat, thank you.

lies said:
OK, OK, OK, I'll read the companion! :p
Ha ha! I'm not really trying to promote the book, it just so happens that it is very handy. LOL! Gee, I hope you don't think it sucks after I've been raving on and on about it. :p

Sandman

I got into Neil Gaiman's work when I was recommended by a friend to read his Sandman series. And so I bought the book, and I reached Vol 4 of the fantastic run. 'Season of Mists' is the most wonderful story arc that combines many mythological Gods and even Christian beliefs into it. I also love the cast in the Sandman, especially The Endless and the characters in The Dreaming. Neil Gaiman created a world filled with brilliant ideas; ideas concerning dreams. He created his own mythology where our whole world is under control by personifications of many forces of our world. These creatures are like Gods, but they live forever. They siblings, and each one of them is unique.

Back