• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New author

K-Dawn

I'm 13 and I'm working on my first book right now. But the problem is I don't know what to do once I'm finished. :confused: :confused: Any suggestions?

Read. Lots.

And pay attention in school. Especially your English, history, politics, geography and languages courses. They're the ones that will give you background information to write about.

Then start your second one. And in between your reading, writing and schooling, get your parents, teachers or someone whose opinion you trust to read your book and make comments or suggestions. If you like the suggestions, use them. If you don't, thank them politely but do what you think is best. Now you can either try to publish the book, if you think you can handle rejection and criticism (and believe me, it happens to every author once, twice, even hundreds of times) or just keep it in a portfolio for the future. You have a few years of growing to do before most publishing companies will take you seriously.

Just keep up the good work and don't lose heart. :)

Back