• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

claprise

Hello Everyone, my name is Christine Laprise and I'm new to this forum. I live in Dresden Ontario Canada. I've been married for 30yrs and have 2 wonderful grown children. I have written my first novel and working on as much feedback as possible. My book is called "Starting Over Part 1" the first in the new Courage Series. Part 1 is available on Amazon through Kindle ebooks. I hope I'm doing this right as it's all very new to me. I would love to hear from the forum members on my book.

Talk soon
Christine

Hi! Nice to meet you. How did you find self-publishing? I've done the same with a book of short stories (Seven Endings) and I'm not very technologically-minded so I found it harder than most probably, will improve upon it with my next publication!

Making the cover was a NIGHTMARE. I tried a free sample of photoshop but couldn't understand it. An artist friend gave me the photo that I used and I used Microsoft Paint (I think that was it, whatever is the really basic free software) to stick a title on it. If I went wrong I couldn't even undo so had to start again a dozen times. I think maybe I need to go on a computer course...

Mmm, I sympathize. My artistic skills are right around 0. It's good to have talented friends. Maybe try networking with artists.
Cover creation is important; hard work too.

Back