• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New Night Stalker!

leckert

Hey!

Any fans of the old "Kolchack: The Night Stalker" out there? This was one of my favorite shows as a kid! (circa 1975?)

I saw a trailer for a new revamping of the old series. It looks like it might be a little "X-Files"-ish, but I am pretty excited.

Anyone know anything about the new one, or care to share about the old one?

I use to watch that show with my parents on Trio.

I am indifferent to this Stuart Townsend guy, but he is nothing like Darren McGavin. I think this show will be very different.

I think they already aired the pilot and are waiting for it to get picked up. Did anyone see it?

geneviv said:
I use to watch that show with my parents on Trio.

I am indifferent to this Stuart Townsend guy, but he is nothing like Darren McGavin. I think this show will be very different.

I think they already aired the pilot and are waiting for it to get picked up. Did anyone see it?

Didn't realize they aired the pilot already! I hope someone picks it up.

I don't know Stuart Townsend, but I rememer Darren McGavin being the guy I most wanted my dad to be like!

A new Night Stalker? What network?

I remember the original very well. HollyWeed has done so much with horror over the years, I wonder how they intend to keep the story fresh.

Darrin McGavin was great in A Christmas Story. He kind-of reminded me of Peter Falk. There's almost no stars like that anymore.

If you saw Queen of the Damned, Stuart Townsend played Lestat. He was the skinny guy with his hips sticking out of his leather pants in the promo. He also played Dorian Gray in the League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

If it's picked up it will be aired on ABC. I found a little article about it here. And here is a synopsis from the ABC website.

geneviv said:
Darrin McGavin was great in A Christmas Story. He kind-of reminded me of Peter Falk. There's almost no stars like that anymore.

If you saw Queen of the Damned, Stuart Townsend played Lestat. He was the skinny guy with his hips sticking out of his leather pants in the promo. He also played Dorian Gray in the League of Extraordinary Gentleman.

If it's picked up it will be aired on ABC. I found a little article about it here. And here is a synopsis from the ABC website.

Excellent! Thanks for the links, jeneviv.

leckert said:
Hey!

Any fans of the old "Kolchack: The Night Stalker" out there? This was one of my favorite shows as a kid! (circa 1975?)

I saw a trailer for a new revamping of the old series. It looks like it might be a little "X-Files"-ish, but I am pretty excited.

Anyone know anything about the new one, or care to share about the old one?

Wow, there's some memories! I used to babysit some neighbor's kids when I was @12 years old and watch this show, it was on Friday nights at 10:00. I was scared out of my briefs :eek:

Sell Sword said:
Wow, there's some memories! I used to babysit some neighbor's kids when I was @12 years old and watch this show, it was on Friday nights at 10:00. I was scared out of my briefs :eek:

Yeah, I remember sitting up in my bed with the lights on and my transistor radio in my hands, waiting to get tired enough to fall over! I loved it!

I have The Night Stalker and The Night Strangler on DVD. I thought they were going to put out the rest of the series on DVD but it doesn't seem to be happening. Too bad I didn't collect it when it was available on VHS.

I heard one really bad review of the new series - which was about all I needed to hear to make me forget about it.

Back