• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New novel Zombies Anonymous

mchapman

In a very brief summary I would describe Zombies Anonymous as: 'Sad, funny, poignant, shocking, horrifying and revolting' and concerns the life, death and undeath of Archibald Griest. It was inspired by the current zombie-horror Zeitgeist to create a more sympathetic zombie story. Could you believe it? Films with gun toting living zombie killers made walking rotting brainless corpses sympathetic characters.

In a little more detail: As a member of the undead, even though he retains his faculties, Archie is rejected by family, friends, work colleagues and has no legal rights. In fact, as a zombie, there’s no washing–up to do. Archie forms a support group called Zombies Anonymous to discuss this new state of supernatural existence with other zombies including: The problem of slowly rotting; the predilection of the living to bury while you're asleep and whether Chanel No. 5 can cover the smell. But, as the number of zombies rises, the living residents of his home-town of Springdale go from curious to hostile. The behaviour of the living horrify the zombies.

I think the style of the story has a mid-Atlantic vibe. The story was inspired by American zombie films so even though it's set in an English rural town it has some American cultural elements. I noticed you mentioned that listening to certain types of music aids in writing about zombies. I actually found listening to 50's music while writing did fit with the story such as 'Smoke gets in yours eyes' by the platters, 'Mack the knife' by Bobby Darin and 'Sleep walk' by Santo and Johnny.

The book is available from Amazon on Kindle and hopefully a paper version will arrive soon. Click here.
If you would like to go to me website please click here.

Back