1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

New poll »» Auld Lang Syne

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Cosimah2o, Apr 10, 2019.

?

Which is the best option ( or options ) for Revitalizating this forum ??

1. A. Re-opening old threads

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. B. Creating new contents

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  3. C. Registering in this forum - en masse - as a new member and never post anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D. We raffled off a trip to Stonehnge+Sparkchasr dressed like Druid appealing for the supernatural

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  5. E. I don't know....I am not reader !!

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. F. X^2 + bx + c = 0

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Other options ( Please specify )

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    non-fiction books
    So to speak, I am subscribed to « Where are you in the book....» because I really read and enjoy my books... That is, this thread allows me highlight what seems to me a remarkable fact during the reading... Writing or Making a reading list out, it doesn't - necessarily - mean that someone has read his/her books . In fact, there are people at times leave his/her readings half finished o_O and other people :shifty Let us our imagination run wild !!
    A prolonged « drought » in - Where are you in the book - as of 2017....few brainstorm with the exception of...
    All in all, draw your own conclusions about the key message of my spiel . But to this day, are there a true readers or not readers among us ( in this forum ) ??

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. Polly Parrot

Polly Parrot Moderator Staff Member

Currently Reading:
    Alex Pheby, Lucia
    I'm trying to picture Sparky as a carrier pidgeon and it's not working.

On a more serious note: I agree with Peder's post earlier, not a lot of people seem to want to make the effort to read a book and discuss it. Probably why the book of the month section has never been much of a success.
    I'd happily revive it by the by but would need participants and not just a few lost souls shouting in the desert.

James Joyce has been eating up a lot of my time as of late.

3. Cosimah2o

Cosimah2o Active Member

Currently Reading:
    non-fiction books
    Try to visualise him drinking a red bull can ( cause gives you wings ) and at the same time, unfolding a world map . Can you see him now ?? Better than Superman, our dear carrier pigeon . Peder and myself gave him some coordinates and he brought us the first « reinforcements » :D
    Re-openning BOTM is a great idea, I usually read non-fiction books but I am willing read fiction books so that it doesn't dwindle the participation . Maybe, with any luck, I can achieve that someday you read First on the rope or Conquistadors of the Useless or any mountainering/ski book :)